cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Over payment charged !!!

dmacdougall
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been overcharged.  A payment of $69 was taken by autopay. There's been no  plan changes no data or calling overages and to top it all off no phone service. I don't care to discuss why,it irrelevant. I need service back now. And the charges reversed. There's no authorization for this. I  need it fix or I'm calling my credit card company to stop payment. 

44 REPLIES 44

dmacdougall

Well after 9 days I thought it was a dream. Anyway,  After I pointed them at it, yes they did. I'm going to called this solved. BTWThey referred it to thier fraud department.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dmacdougall wrote:

They've admitted that they were hacked.

@dmacdougall they have?  I just read this whole thread front to back and I don't see you mention that PM has even responded, let alone admitting they've been hacked.  Did I miss something??

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dmacdougall

Slander, I think not. They've admitted that they were hacked. Further, if you think it thru  you'd be hard pressed to find a crook who would be so stupid as to have my CC# for 2 days and not charge up the card.   The fact is they hacked PM only. If they had access thru my devices, my CC would have neen raped. BTW what's with the attitude?  Do you own shares in Telus?

Finally,  I've only pointed out the facts here. PM dropped the ball on this one and then they played radio silence for 9 days. Also, didn't  you take this blame the victim tact with another member awhile back.

@dmacdougallI guess you haven't heard of dress rehearsal attacks before, basically they could be verifying whether your information is still applicable in an innoculous manner (which is probably worse scenario than you had described because that means the perpetrators have more than just your credit card but also your browsing behavior). I highly recommend you check your devices and internet routers for issues and patches.. you probably want to reset all your passwords and credit card after you had fumagated.

But since you are absolutely sure it is Public Mobile's problem, carry on your slandering.

dmacdougall

Absolutely not. My Credit card was accessed thru PMS site.  I'm sure because it was 2 days before I clued in that someone used it to buy data  on my account. 

Given that 2 days had passed and the only bogus charges to my CC was for that 2 gig of data I'm darn sure of where the hack occurred. Or, it was perpetrated by the world's stupid crook.

@dmacdougallAre you sure your computer is not compromised from the start? If PM payment system had been hacked there will be a lot more complaints on this forum.

dmacdougall

Turns out the account was hacked. The important things established are that PM was hacked, my credit card was compromised thru PMs site and it took NINE (9) days for the Moderators to respond. That's unacceptable. Sure PM is low cost but 9 days with no service.  I'm sure the addition of a few more moderators is required. This whole event is a clear indication of a wholesale failure by PMs management  to provide their people  with the tools to  give timely service. 

@dmacdougall Totally ridiculous. You cannot even take your number somewhere else until you regain access to your account. Robot Mad

To at least regain some ability to call out, you could try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

I will try pinging Alan from our Oracle account, but it is Friday afternoon.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dmacdougall

Thanks,

I've posted this reply earlier to another. 

I'm  so frustrated. with PM. Please make suggestions if you can think of any. 

BTW, I've already tried crying.It doesn't help.

Just for fun I thought that I might keep you up to date with my situation.

Since my previous reply to you, on the 17th. 8 days have passed, A turtle has crossed a highway twice, and Amazon has delivered a zillion packages.

I on the other hand have sent 6 PMs to the Moderators and I still have no service. What's more I found out that my credit card was hacked  thru my account. And guess what still no reply from a moderator.  What to do? Oh, but I think someone is listening because, conveniently, I get "page not found" when trying to "Start an article"

dmacdougall

Just for fun I thought that I might keep you up to date with my situation.

Since my previous reply to you, on the 17th. 8 days have passed, A turtle has crossed a highway twice, and Amazon has delivered a zillion packages.

I on the other hand have sent 6 PMs to the Moderators and I still have no service. What's more I found out that my credit card was hacked  thru my account. And guess what still no reply from a moderator.  What to do? Oh, but I think someone is listening because, conveniently, I get "page not found" when trying to "Start an article"

dmacdougall

That's a waste of time. 5 days now without a response.

I'm beginning to believe that they don't exist or they're a bunch of kids working out of their bedrooms. 5 days, 5 messages,dead air.

dmacdougall

I've been waiting 5 days for a response.

I've been hacked. I think they've been seriously compromised. 

dmacdougall, I have moved mutple messages posted in different places to your own thread to make it easier for everyone to follow the conversation.  Thank you.

dmacdougall

Sent 4 messages. I'm convinced,there are moderators.

@dmacdougall  hi I would use transit lol is it possible you didn't send to the right people? regardless you should send another one thats far to long click here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dmacdougall

I've been waiting 5 days now for a moderator to respond. I stagecoach to their office would have been faster.  

dmacdougall

Me too. The  moderators  have  not  replied  to my  messages and it's been 4 days now. my  CC was charged  for  data I  didn't  add on.  I  had  my CC  company  go after public to return my payments. I realize  this  is  a low  cost provider but a minimum of  providing a  service  is to "provide the service" another clue  to  the  hack is  traffic on your  phone number  after service has  been disabled.  My  account  shows  traffic  on my number  between 514 and 483 Montreal area codes.

Does  anyone  know  how these hacks are perpetrated?

dmacdougall

I tried the lost phone thing.  It doesn't work. 

I'm reading post after post of nightmares scenarios  that started like my problem. Whether or not I resolve this, I think I'll look for another provider. This  site is really bad and this billing problem reaks of incompedence. Ridiculous really!

dmacdougall

Thank you 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@dmacdougall wrote:

I've been overcharged.  A payment of $69 was taken by autopay. There's been no  plan changes no data or calling overages and to top it all off no phone service. I don't care to discuss why,it irrelevant. I need service back now. And the charges reversed. There's no authorization for this. I  need it fix or I'm calling my credit card company to stop payment. 

Is your renewal today, or was it yesterday?  What plan are you on?  I don't care if you don't want to talk about it, but I'm a customer just like you, and I can assist if you tell me more.

Up to you, Moderators take about 48 hours right now to respond.  I can answer within minutes.  Your choice.

@dmacdougall wrote:

So my credit card has been charged an extra 69 bucks. How does this solve that

It does not solve that problem.  Hopefully, it will get your phone working again, so then you can wait for moderator to fix the billing issue.   

dmacdougall

So my credit card has been charged an extra 69 bucks. How does this solve that

@dmacdougall wrote:

I'm with public for about a year. Nothing changed. Same plan same everything. I lost service. When I did I  checked payments. I found 2 payments made by autopay. One for the regular amount and the other for twice that.  Yet, there is no balance. I see that the second payment is for two 1gig additions which I didn't add??? It's seems to be a complete screw up. Taking my payments should be easy for public. I'm on autopay. That denotes automated.Nothing  to do. Nothing to change.  Simply take the payment and provide service.

@dmacdougall 

You could try the lost/stolen phone trick.  It seems to reset your SIM/account.  Has helped troubleshoot various account issues.  It does no harm to your phone or account.  

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

dmacdougall

That's correct. No service.

dmacdougall

I'm with public for about a year. Nothing changed. Same plan same everything. I lost service. When I did I  checked payments. I found 2 payments made by autopay. One for the regular amount and the other for twice that.  Yet, there is no balance. I see that the second payment is for two 1gig additions which I didn't add??? It's seems to be a complete screw up. Taking my payments should be easy for public. I'm on autopay. That denotes automated.Nothing  to do. Nothing to change.  Simply take the payment and provide service.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dmacdougall wrote:

My problem is I'm paying and getting nothing. Literally, nothing. 

@dmacdougall  there are several causes to this  but more information is needed:

1.  new activation vs old customer
    • if new is phone compativble 
    • did activation fail
    • did it ever work
  2. if old
    • renewal issue?
    • phone issues
    • did you use up minutes if on $10 or 15$ plan

with additional info we can help guide you with some troublshooting

a screenshot of self serve overview might help (personal info redatced)

@dmacdougall wrote:

Why is a reply to a PM so slow? 

@dmacdougall  Is your phone service currently not working?

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dmacdougall wrote:

My problem is I'm paying and getting nothing. Literally, nothing. 

Care to elaborate? Are you a new customer? Was it working at first but now it's not? What do you see when you sign in to Self Serve?

As others have said, it's a no frills service, so expect some delay with response time. But they will respond. Some issues can be sorted in the public forums, but you need to give more details about what's going on so we can try to troubleshoot with you.

1vk

They are not any better. I switched from koodo. That's not koodo that used to be anymore.

@dmacdougall wrote:

Why is a reply to a PM so slow? 

Repsonse time depends how busy. If there is outage, wait will be longer.  They answer as soon as they can.

Need Help? Let's chat.