cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Private message response

I'm with public for about a year. Nothing changed. Same plan same everything. I lost service. When I did I  checked payments. I found 2 payments made by autopay. One for the regular amount and the other for twice that.  Yet, there is no balance. I see that the second payment is for two 1gig additions which I didn't add??? It's seems to be a complete screw up. Taking my payments should be easy for public. I'm on autopay. That denotes automated.Nothing  to do. Nothing to change.  Simply take the payment and provide service.

Highlighted

That's correct. No service.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dmacdougall wrote:

I'm with public for about a year. Nothing changed. Same plan same everything. I lost service. When I did I  checked payments. I found 2 payments made by autopay. One for the regular amount and the other for twice that.  Yet, there is no balance. I see that the second payment is for two 1gig additions which I didn't add??? It's seems to be a complete screw up. Taking my payments should be easy for public. I'm on autopay. That denotes automated.Nothing  to do. Nothing to change.  Simply take the payment and provide service.

@dmacdougall 

You could try the lost/stolen phone trick.  It seems to reset your SIM/account.  Has helped troubleshoot various account issues.  It does no harm to your phone or account.  

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

Highlighted

So my credit card has been charged an extra 69 bucks. How does this solve that

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dmacdougall wrote:

So my credit card has been charged an extra 69 bucks. How does this solve that

It does not solve that problem.  Hopefully, it will get your phone working again, so then you can wait for moderator to fix the billing issue.   

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Over payment charged !!!

@dmacdougall wrote:

I've been overcharged.  A payment of $69 was taken by autopay. There's been no  plan changes no data or calling overages and to top it all off no phone service. I don't care to discuss why,it irrelevant. I need service back now. And the charges reversed. There's no authorization for this. I  need it fix or I'm calling my credit card company to stop payment. 

Is your renewal today, or was it yesterday?  What plan are you on?  I don't care if you don't want to talk about it, but I'm a customer just like you, and I can assist if you tell me more.

Up to you, Moderators take about 48 hours right now to respond.  I can answer within minutes.  Your choice.

Highlighted

Thank you 

Highlighted

I tried the lost phone thing.  It doesn't work. 

I'm reading post after post of nightmares scenarios  that started like my problem. Whether or not I resolve this, I think I'll look for another provider. This  site is really bad and this billing problem reaks of incompedence. Ridiculous really!

Highlighted

Re: My account was hacked

Me too. The  moderators  have  not  replied  to my  messages and it's been 4 days now. my  CC was charged  for  data I  didn't  add on.  I  had  my CC  company  go after public to return my payments. I realize  this  is  a low  cost provider but a minimum of  providing a  service  is to "provide the service" another clue  to  the  hack is  traffic on your  phone number  after service has  been disabled.  My  account  shows  traffic  on my number  between 514 and 483 Montreal area codes.

Does  anyone  know  how these hacks are perpetrated?

Highlighted

Re: Hacked email

I've been waiting 5 days now for a moderator to respond. I stagecoach to their office would have been faster.