Did you mean: 

Re: I have 10 dollars off of my new play for 12 months

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^Thanks for being the internet Police.
16 REPLIES 16

chukdefatey
Oh I know, back in the days Telus use to not allow you to use ringtones that were transfered via Bluetooth. So you either had to buy ringtones from Telus or hack a phone in order to use them as ring tones

Martin
Legend
Legend
I found the information on the 2 phones from 2005.

One was a Moto-V710, and the other an LG-535.

Martin
Legend
Legend
I'm still looking for the post on HoFo about the 2 phones needing hacking.

Since I try to practise what I preach about personal information, I won't post your name other than your initials, DJ.

chukdefatey
@Martin by the way anything that is prepaid related is not under my name. For Prepaid lines my First Name is Prepaid and my last name is Phone which is also another reason why when people post there numbers on line are using prepaid phones with a Random made up names.
A while ago I use to use Name to be Changed as first and last name for prepaid phones, which I found to confusing when deal with customer service reps over the phone and now I just use Prepaid Phone

chukdefatey
Yes hotmail still valid but don't recall a post about two phone needs hacking in 2005. Since you google it, maybe read up on a jog my memory since 2005 was 10 years ago.

Martin
Legend
Legend
chukdefatey,

I googled you. You were right about (some of) your personal information being on the web.

First, I'm not going to contact you at your hotmail address, assuming that it is still valid.

BTW, I'm curious about something. Why did you post that you needed someone to hack 2 phones that you had? That was from a 2005 post.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Okay, Mom! If I come inside, can I get cookies and milk? 🙂

Chicklets
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you boys can't play well together, you'll have to come inside!!

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I did try and help them with their issue, you didn't read my post, every time I see someone posting an issue with their personal information I still try and help them. I linked to the self-serve site and tried to help them remeber what their log-in would be. Asked if the device was comptabile and if they had a done a reset.

We don't jump on and say hey you're not allowed to post personal information, we're saying it's not advised. It does the person no good to post their phone number, account number, SIM number, etc. because none of us have the ability to access the account to troubleshoot their issue. If it's an issue where they need that to be done then they're better to contact Public Mobile staff from the start rather than posting it on the community.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Perhaps you and I are reading different posts.

In the ones that I have read in which the poster is warned about personal information, the responder replies with on-topic replies. However, if you believe that your advice is correct and that of other responders is not, that would account for your statement about our not helping.

chukdefatey
^When I need to I will and have done it in the old PM community. Yes it others me when you people are not helping on this issue of the poster. You guys immediately jump on, hey don't post this and that. Help with the issue rather then telling them to remove there number

Martin
Legend
Legend
chukdefatey,

Since you've mentioned a number of times about people posting their personal information all over the Internet and not caring about it, why not put words into action?

Please post in this community the following:
Your first, middle and last names
Your full address, including postal code
Your PM phone number
Your username for logging into your account
Your email address, if different from the above

Surely, as a person who has stated that you would have no problem with your personal information being on the web, I look forward to your standing up for your convictions by providing the above identifiers.

Griff

I didn't tell them they couldn't post their number, I'm saying it doesn't do them any good, I'm advising that it's pointless to do it and could lead to possible harm/annoyance with no benefits. If they want Public Mobile staff to look into their account they should contact Public Mobile staff.

I disagree that they "obviously don't care" a lot of posts where people write out all their personal info seem to think they are speaking directly to Public Mobile staff. 

I don't see how me advising people not to post their number "bothers" you. Why are you "policing" the people that are trying to help other users.

There are plenty of posts, such as this one, that show last edits performed by Public Mobile staff where the customer's phone number has been removed. 

Martin
Legend
Legend
chukdefatey,

Why does the warning about not posting personal information bother you, considering that it's directed towards others, and not you?

To answer your question, it's called "helping people".

chukdefatey
^FYI, People that post there numbers obviously don't care and its not your Job to advice them not to. People post there numbers all day long on the internet and I am not sure why it bothers others

Griff

@chukdefatey No problem.

Need Help? Let's chat.