cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I cannot make calls

andrew1231
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi... I am completely stumped  

This exact same thing happened to me this week,  I was receiving the same msg 'hi,  public mobile here...' despite the fact that I have been a customer since last September and my account is paid up till June (I am on a 90 day plan). I too went to my account and it shows unlimited province wide calling.  

I spent in excess of an hour online and contacted a PM moderator,  I got a prompt message ,  requesting further personal information.... To which I replied immediately.  2 days later and zero further communication,  my phone was mysteriously working again. 

I just now attempted to make a call,  only to receive the same darn message  ugh   

4 REPLIES 4

RebeccaRubiH

Do you have that issue with every number you try to call or just specific ones? Are you able to call My Info (1-(your 10 digit number)) or 611 for settings?

I had the same message about talk not being included in my plan (I have unlimited talk) when I tried to set up my voicemail box, but after a few attempts it came right on its own.

Have you also checked to make sure your APNs are still set up correctly?

I would maybe try taking the SIM out and putting it back in again if you haven't already. I feel your pain as I've been fighting the same battle with Freedom Mobile for the past week. They were spectacularly unhelpful and I'm still trying to get a refund out of them.

@andrew1231 Intermittent issues are a pain to resolve. If you have the energy to continue troubleshooting here are some ideas while you await moderator input:

a) What is make/model of your phone?

b) Try your SIM for a few days in a different phone.

c) That application like that from fongo.com also functions on cellular data. It's my emergency backup. 

d) Call your phone from another phone and see if you can leave a message. If so, you can at least listen to your messages from another phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

andrew1231

Thanks so much for your advice.  I was dealing with a moderator on the issue earlier this week.  I have sent him a message as well   I first attempted to reboot my ... I am seriously thinking about switching phone providers at this point... I have never had this happen. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@andrew1231 Incredibly frustrating!

Try rebooting your phone. If that fails suggest you click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. Moderator hours are: Monday - Friday 9AM (ET) - 9PM (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9AM (ET) - 7:30PM (ET).

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

You posted to an old thread. In future you will have more assurance of help by creating your own topic on the forum  (which I have done for you today), or sending a private message directly to the moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.