cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re; How to get back my original public mobile number.

urash
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi - trying to find out whether its possible to get back my original public mobile number.

Im a pioneer member and somehow my number was give out to someone else - however at the moment that number is idle and not in use - therefore is it possible for me to reclaim this particular number for use with the new public mobile service provider?

4 REPLIES 4

urash

Thanks for your response - however with my case its going to be a hassle bse - theres no customer care service now - so theres no one to talk to directly even more complicated is that the number was switched off. So theres no way of telling whether the person who ended up with my number is still holding on to it.

urash

I happened to be out of the country for sometime and my phone was deactivated - however it turns out that the number was then allocated to another person, who used it for sometime and it was later on switched off.

The reason why i want to access my old number is because it was a very unique number.

pmobile
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have had luck recovering a number that was not in use but it took a few different phone calls to the original provider who I had initially received the phone number from and not the provider that I was with at the moment.  

I think the big difference in my case was that the number I had recovered had not been in use by anyone else.  I also had to create a new account with the original provider that they could apply the recovered number to.

Good luck recovering your number.  Please keep us updated.  Its extra work for them but it seems like something that they should be able to do for you.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @urash!

I am afraid that once you gave up your old number, its not possible to claim it back at the moment.

Please explain what "somehow my number was given out to someone else".  Are you saying that public mobile gave away your number without consent?  

Need Help? Let's chat.