cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Purchasing LD addon Issue

imagesoft
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I started the purchase of the $15 LD addon.  Everything when fine until a pop up window stating "oops something went wrong and try to login again".  I opened another window and logged into my account.  My account does have the $15.00 "available".  I closed the first window.  In the second window I tried added the $15 LD and a popup window comes to to confirm the $15.00 purchase as it was taking it from my funds available.  Then the window shows "Add-ons" and this information:

"If you need US roaming, long distance or extra data added to your plan choose one of Addons.
Just a heads up, you’ll need a plan before you can add an Addon.

US Roaming Addons expire after 10 days. Any unused data expires at the end of the US Roaming Addon.

US Roaming picture and video messaging are NOT currently available but will be coming soon!

Addons that are not US Roaming related don’t have any expiry dates. Any remaining data or minutes in your Addon will continue to roll over until they are used up.

Calls made to phone numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in US Roaming Talk addons or US calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 712432, 605562, 641552, 605475, 605477, 712775, 559726.

ValidateAndUpdateOptions/Balance_-1ValidateAndUpdateOptions/Provisioning_-1"

The summary does not show the LD addon, and my available funds are still at $15.00.

Any ideas? 

14 REPLIES 14

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thank you for confirming @mikewest 🙂

Enjoy your trip!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

mikewest

Just an update. I see the USA Add on now under my account. Thanks Mary and srlawren for your help!!

mikewest

Thank you for the quick reply!! Very much appreciated!

Yes a two step process to purchase an add on seems "odd" (do it behind the scenes even if you have to).

So I'll just go purchase the addon and hopefully all will be good!

Thanks again. What a great group here!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @mikewest,

Thank you for sharing with us !

Can you please private message me your phone number? I'll look into and make sure that your add-on is active! 

I look forward to you reply 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mikewest sadly, the purchase process is two steps.  Step 1 is that if you don't have enough funds in your account already, you need to top up sufficient funds.  This is the step you have completed.  The second step is to purchase the add-on with those funds that are in your account, and that is the step you did not complete.  Simply sign back into self serve and complete the purchase process to activate and start the add-on.  Note that the 10-day clock starts ticking as soon as you do that part.  If you are taking a short trip, go ahead any time now and activate.  If you are taking near or over 10 days trip, then you may want to wait until the morning of your travel.

I agree that the 2-step process if really confusing, and have posted a request for Public to simplify it:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Purchasing-add-ons-should-be-a-single-step-....  If you would like to support the idea, please review the above posting, and click on the bravo button to lend your support.

Lastly you mention a receipt: you won't get one.  If you go to the transaction history page (under payments tab I believe) in self serve, you will see the $14 payment applied to your account.  Also, until you complete the second step, you should see an available balance of $14.  It will decrease to zero once step 2 is completed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mikewest

I wonder if this is the same issue I just had. I have a plan with Public Mobile currently (talk+text+data 12GB 120 days), I just went to purchase the 10 day USA Roaming talk+text+data add on.

It showed I had a $6 balance in the purchase window so the amount owing was $14. I confirmed all the details then clicked purchase and waited and waited until the wait message dismissed and I was still at the purchase dialog.

Now it said I had a $20 balance and the add on would be $0. Rather then try to purchase it again, I exited and send an email/support request. I then discovered these fourms and saw this issue which sounded very samiliar to mine. I also haven't received any sort of receipt emailed to me in regards to the $14 I've apparently added to my balance.

Hopefully who ever helped this fellow can give me a hand as I leave in 2 days for the USA and really need this activated 😞

p.s. if I was supposed to start a new thread, my apologies in advance. I didn't want to pollute the forum with another thread for the same issue....

srlawren

@imagesoft glad to hear this is resolved, thank you for the update

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imagesoft

Addon was added manually by @Mary_M as my user account had the "generic error".

Currently, the generic error is fixed and I can see the LD addon on my account.

imagesoft

Hi @Luddite. Sorry it did not work.  I selected the $15.00 LD addon and confimred my puchase and then it states "Good things come to whom wait" or similar wording.  Then it just goes back to the screen if I was buying the addon with a gray retangle box witht this wording:

ValidateAndUpdateOptions/Balance_-1ValidateAndUpdateOptions/Provisioning_-1

Will this message help PM tehcnical on what the issue is?

@imagesoft Try this:

1. logout of self serve

2. login to self serve, click Buy Add-on, pick the one you want and click activate now, logout

3. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and try service.

If that fails do not pay again, just send a private meaasge to any moderator with your phone number and an explanation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren

@imagesoft given that you have the funds in your account, it sounds like the add-on did not get correctly added.

I'm going to tag community moderator @Shazia_K in hopes that one of the moderators can help you fairly quickly.  Please try to be patient.  If you need to make a long distance call in the meantime, you could consider downloading Hangouts Dialer or Fongo from your platform's app store to make free outbound calls over your data service or WiFi.

Alright, unfortunately I haven't seen this issue, but maybe someone else has. Glad you still have phone service. If your funds are still at $15, I'm thinking the add-on wasn't applied. Maybe one of the moderators can suggest something, or look at your account. @Saray_O

imagesoft

I still have service right now. I got worried when you said that.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Do you still have phone service? I am wondering why it would say, you'll need a plan before you can add an Addon.

Need Help? Let's chat.