cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about plans

sgreen4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I just signed up with Public Mobile. 

I got the province wide talk and canada wide text plan.  I also got the $8 add on minutes.  

What happens if I get a call from another province ? Will it go through to me? Will I have to pay for it?

What if I wanted to make a call to another province ?  Would that work? How much would that cost?

What if I happened to be in another province ?

The same for texts. What if I get an international text or send one?

I do not get many out of province calls or texts. Last month I only made 19 minutes of calls in province, but I am just wondering what would happen if I do get a call or text from some one who doesn't live  near me. 

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @sgreen4, welcome to Public Mobile!

@benchen5 provided a good reference, to apply it to your specific question:

I got the province wide talk and canada wide text plan.  I also got the $8 add on minutes.  

What happens if I get a call from another province ?Will it go through to me? Will I have to pay for it?

- Incoming calls, whether from another province or international, are included in your province wide talk plan, they will go through to you with no additional charges

What if I wanted to make a call to another province ?  Would that work? How much would that cost?

- If you want to make a call to another province (or to the US), they will come off of your $8 LD add on. The cost will be just the reduction of those minutes for every minute of your call. Also note that those minutes roll over, so you do not need to buy more until your 200 mins are (almost) used up. If you want to call internationally (other than the US), you would need the international minutes add on ($15 for 400 min) instead, which can also be used for calling another province or the US.

What if I happened to be in another province ?

- If you are in another province you can call anywhere in that province under your plan. Calls you receive (and answer) while there will come off your LD minutes.

The same for texts. What if I get an international text or send one?

- Incoming texts are free from anywhere. With your plan you can't send international texts, and I don't think there is an add-on for that.

benchen5
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@sgreen4 this is what the footnote says on the Plans page re: Province-wide calling. I think it will answer most of your questions:

Includes outgoing calls you make anywhere in Canada to a number with an area code in the same province, and incoming calls you receive while you are in your home province. A long distance talk add-on is required to receive incoming calls while you are outside your home province.

As for messaging, you are able to receive text from any number, however you are only able to text Canadian ones from my understanding. Otherwise there is the Canda-US text plan you can choose and there may be some sort of add-on.

I hope this helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.