cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qs

thly6127
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I get help if I have a technical issue? 

31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent 

I guess this means that all the problems of the last week or two are done and over. I really hope some of the more irate customers have been dealt with (in their turn of course) that you are finding time to post to this well answered thread.

I hope they can update us on how well they fared.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @thly6127!

Thank you for reaching out to the Community 🙂

For this being a prepaid service you use exactly what you paid for. This means that you don't get overages as once the amount paid has been used, if you need to use more, you'll be requested to top up your account and purchase a feature.

In your case if you have 250MB, once you used them all, you don't have access to more data unless you purchase more.

All the best,

Public Mobile Moderator Team

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @thly6127!

You have different payment methods that you can use for your account. For example, you can choose to have autopay in your account by registering your credit card to be charged automatically at your renewal date. Or you can also make one-time payments through your Self Serve profile or in the IVR. Finally, if you wouldn't like to use your credit card or Visa debit on the account, you may go for the option of purchasing vouchers. You can find them in the following stores and add them to your account also from your Self Serve.

Don't hesitate to reach us back in case of further doubts 🙂

All the best,

Public Mobile Team

"Batch hunter" ??

LOL, yeah, coffee didn't really kick in this morning... (corrected in my post)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There are two schools of thought:

1. new topic - new thread

2. same questioner - same thread

I don't have a problem with whichever choice an OP makes.

Now...multiple threads of the same problem by the same OP...not so much 🙂

Buuuut... They put the plural into the topic title and then posted a single question per topic... and then disappeared. Batch hunter?

* Disclaimer: posted with a tiny bit of tongue in cheek...

Edited "Batch hunter" ??

Disappearing's always the problem.

Point taken on the plural...barely. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

Buuuut... They put the plural into the topic title and then posted a single question per topic... and then disappeared. Badge hunter?

* Disclaimer: posted with a tiny bit of tongue in cheek...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@srlawren wrote:

@thly6127 you may have noticed someone merged your half dozen different threads.  These all could have been asked in one posting.  Hopefully you got the answers you were looking for.

30 minutes of reading the knowledge base articles would have done it too. I think you can tell if someone is capable of using this type of service just by the questions a lot of the time.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@thly6127 you may have noticed someone merged your half dozen different threads.  These all could have been asked in one posting.  Hopefully you got the answers you were looking for.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mynewhome
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

set up autopay with credit card and get $2 off each 30 day cycle

mynewhome

If you use up your data you will not have any more data until your next billing cycle or you top up your data. Since this is a prepaid service there are no data overages. Ive also read here that sometimes its better to ask a moderator to do an early renewal instead to get your next 250mb allotment/30 days

mynewhome

By posting questions here or to a moderator

Lar

Using a 250 Mb plan. Do I pay extra if I use more than $250 mb that month?

There are no "over charges" with PM.  Once you've used up the minutes or data, the phone stops working until you renew or choose an addon

@thly6127 wrote:

How do I know if there is a new promotion? 

Look at this page left side, there are announcements:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Mobile-Community/ct-p/Public_Mobile_Community

@thly6127 wrote:

How to pay? 

You can set up auto pay, or using voucher to pay. But I would suggest auto pay, because using auto pay, you'll get $2 credit for every 30 days.

@thly6127 wrote:

No, you don't need pay extra, because after you are using up 250 Mb data, you data plan will be stop until next renew date.

@thly6127 wrote:

How to earn a community reward? 

Click here.

@thly6127 wrote:

Check annoucments section above.

@thly6127 wrote:

How to pay? 

Click here.

@thly6127 wrote:

No, your data just stopps working.

Tony8

Public Mobile is pre-paid. When you run out of Data, it stops, you will not be charged for more.

The next 30 day period you may get a larger data plan, or buy a data add-on.

Tony8

Hi, if you help others with questions regarding Public Mobile you earn credits.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Depending on the technical issue, you can post to the community forum for assistance.  If it can't be resolved then you can contact a moderator.  Once you use up your data the you can either buy an add-on or wait until your next cycle.  You can earn community awards by posting & replying to threads.  Welcome to PM.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@thly6127 

Watch the announcement section of this forum.

Keep an eye on Public Mobile website is prolly the best way. Seem to have promos fairly regular but unpredictable. Welcome to Public Mobile.

thly6127

thly6127

How to earn a community reward? 

thly6127

How to pay? 

Need Help? Let's chat.