cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile took my money even though the activation failed

evilcountdracul
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I do not want to be associated with this company. I lost 135 dollars. It was scam by this company to offer cheap deal to lure customers into giving away their money. Theycharge my credit card even though the activation failed. I will sign up with another company even though I lost money. I will persue with litigation if my money is not refunded. I mean it. I will call BBB and file a claim through small court.

8 REPLIES 8

evilcountdracul

And who is paying price for PM screw up? I guess the customers who paid for the service they never got? and by dealing with obnoxious people.

evilcountdracul

You are calling other people impatient, while you yourself are'nt even patient enough to understand other people's concern. You are showing your class by using foul language? I guess I should have explored what kind of comunity I am associating with. 

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Holy crap, what an impatient person. Take some time to read up about Public Mobile before switching and you would've known what was coming. 3 hours is nothing. This is not a scam, they just screwed up and weren't prepared for the promo and now they're paying the price for it. 

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Very frusturating, and I can see why you think this is a scam. I don't think it is intentional, but just a very poor electronic system that PM is using. I believe they are looking into all of these electronic issues as we speak.

I am not one to tell you that you have to stay with PM. Clearly you have had a bad experience, and you are free to choose another company; that is the beauty of competition in the market.

What I would suggest is to send a private message to one of the staff, providing as much information as you can (see below link). I am assuming you don't have your account number, but I think they will be able to track your account through your phone number if you did a port.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

And if they can't resolve the issue (after they have responded to you) or find your account, then you can contact your credit card company to get the charges reversed, as some people have been doing. Just note that it can take up to 5-7 days for them to respond to your request due to the backlog of support tickets.

I understand this seems like a lot of trouble, but that's what you can do in this situation.

evilcountdracul

I spend three hours trying to activate the line and when the activation failed I gave up on this. So When the company fails to provide a service why would they charge credit card?. It is nothing but a scam when the company puts in their agreement that prepaid is not refundable and charges you money for the service not provided. Why not credit the customer's their refund and let them decide to pay only if the activation goes through. I don't know how to contact customer service when the service is not active and I cannot even logon to my account that I tried to setup during activation. It may have worked out for 10 million, but it was bad service for me.

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My respone from another thread can also work for this generic complaint, so here are the relevant parts:

Firstly, if you have read what has been going on, the mods are currently swamped, and your submitted request will not likely to have been read until 5-7 days.

What can you do? Be patient, let the mods have time to respond to your message. Showing that you've moved to another provider or threatening to leave Public Mobile will not have any effect on treating you differently. Public Mobile does not have a call centre like other providers where customer retention is the #1 focus, because, they already attract customers through their competitive plans.

What I will add in addition to what I have above: Rest assured you will get service at the end of the day. They are aware of the current situation and are doing everything they can. Just hold up and be patient. I understand how frusturating it is to be without service and getting charged such a hefty amount and not receiving what you paid for, but the best thing you can do is be patient and all will work out.

Please give this a read for some context as to the current state of the company: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Doing-wireless-different-has-its-ups-and...

Leena_sachdev
Go ahead. Im facing so many problems since ive ported my number on PM and there's no help from any of the MODS. I also spent $135 and getting nothing. Cant even receive calls.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

When did you try and activate your card?  What steps have you taken to try and fix it.  Not being a jerk just seeing where you are in the process.  This isn't a scam as there are 10,000's of new customers and the system did get overloaded.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.