cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public messing with my phone # even after I left them

alys1985
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

5 months ago I troed to port my # to PM. They left me hanging for ~4 months as they were unable to do it. About a month ago they gave me a refund for the plan I paid for and I thought  that was the end of my dealings with Public. I stayed on with Fido. Then yesterday, my Fido # has no service anymore and they told me that Public ported out my #! How is this possible? Public- PLEASE give my # back! now I have no account with Public or FIdo and no cell service.

Can't believe all the problems I have had with Public, in trying to set up an account with them. Now I don't even want one and they are STILL messing with me. 

9 REPLIES 9

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
This is really confusing and the least to say really weird

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The odd thing is that the number was ported on the 22nd, that's the actual date when the port was requested and completed. 

@alys1985, please let me know if you want to port back to Fido, I will be more than happy to provide you the account number with us to complete this. 

I also have my team members involved in this situation so we can have a better understanding of what actually happened. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Shazia_K did that number get assigned automatically to the account from Feb 22, or was it ported over?  The distinction is important in this scenario:

- if it was assigned automatically, it would seem that even though the port failed originally, PM put the number into their pool.  

- If it was ported over, that's entirely out of PM's hands and in the hands of whomever has enough of @alys1985's Fido account info to successfully port the number over

hslmdjim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I experienced an identical issue when I ported to PM. I was charged (like 5 times?) and decided to give up on PM and canceled everything. However, one morning I woke up without Fido service. Apparently, PM requests the transfer a while back, but Fido only authorized at the end of the billing cycle (at least that's what happened to me). You can keep PM or contact Fido and port back and in my situation, they offered to reimburse the activation fee+SIM card fee but I needed to go to the store. I ended up staying with PM with the $120 plan. 

Looks like requested port from months ago went through now.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

just an update: I also received a private message from you through Facebook looking at the phone number you sent me, it does, in fact, belongs to a Public Mobile account that was created on the 22nd of February.

Please let me know. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @alys1985

I'm truly sorry to hear about this! 

Rest assured that we cannot port your number without your consent or without you asking for it. 

We need account related information in order to do that. 

Can you send me a private message with that phone number? I will look into this.

Thanks,

Shazia

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
I don't think PM would be able to access your number anymore. I actually ported from Fido to PM. When I was trying to pay for my final bill to Fido, they had a hard time identifying my account since they couldn't access my number. Definitely contact a moderator to clear things up!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle
It's weird that you left pm and your number was still ported somehow. Hopefully @Mary_M can help you solve this problem.

Need Help? Let's chat.