cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile shutting down?

LenK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There was news a couple of weeks ago that Telus is shutting down PM and moving users to the Telus network. 

Does anyone know any details? what effects it will have on plans? rates? coverage?

Is the offer to move to Koodo new? because of the shut-down?

35 REPLIES 35

parents
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@LenK PM is a strong brand name it does not shut anything down. PM is growing up

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CS_Agent thanks for putting the official in bold stamp and helping squash this rumour!

@LenK do you have any link(s) for the recent rumour you're talking about?  I know there was a lot of concern/speculation a few months ago when PM started offering up targetted Koodo migrations to many PM customers.  But as Bladimir has re-iterated (and has been stated many times before), PM is not going away.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi jp2,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us.

We can't stress this enough - Public Mobile is NOT closing down - we're here to stay!  Please disregard any rumor you hear, I can assure you they are simply but that - rumors.

Cheers,

Bladimir R. 

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I haven't heard anything like that please provide a source and not the article from March 2014

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LenK, Where did you hear this?  There have been rumors about this going back at least a few months, when Telus was enticing PM clients to  to Koodo.  This is just good business for Telus.  From what I can see, Public Mobile isn't going anywhere anytime soon.  They are doing promos, consulting with the community (to see how the experience can be improved), and they have just revamped (and improved) the community rewards.  Not things that would typically be done if the brand was being shut down.

Need Help? Let's chat.