cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile service in Milton, Ontario

ss82
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to switch from Bell to Public Mobile.  But I live in Milton, I have no idea what the service is like in Milton using Telus.  According to this site https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html there is only one Telus tower in MISSISSAUGA, but lots of Bell towers.  IF anyone has any idea about the Public Mobile reception in Milton I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

adobochad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nice, I can answer this question exactly as I was in the same situation. I live in Milton and have been with Telus for about 3 years before porting to PM. 

Telus was amazing in Milton, data, calls, texts all clear no problems. Quality basically everywhere.

As you know, PM is the same towers, so you will get the same service. Once I switched to PM, I noticed no dip in quality, only difference is now I have all that data to play with 🙂

Anyways, hope that eases your mind, PM defintely worth the switch!

Here's a link to the coverage map: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage Milton looks fine. Robot Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

I don't know that you can base "what service is like" on how many cell phone towers are nearby. They can be of different strengths, so for some areas you need a lot of towers, then for others, one large tower would suffice.

I drive through Milton all the time, and have never had an issue getting service. LTE all the time. Like @Rockdaddy22 has said, it's in the GTA, so no worries (unless you live 2 floors underground in a concrete bunker). 

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You should be fine.  Telus has an agreement in Ontario to use Bell's towers and Bell can use Telus' towers out west.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I'm sure it's amazing, you're in the GTA so I can't foresee any kind of issue.
Need Help? Let's chat.