cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile's 40$ plan is making waves!

ION9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can see how seductive Public Mobile's offer is when other carriers have to match the price to retain their costummers. Smiley LOL
In fact, Fido and Virgin just announced they will be offering a plan "similar" to PM's 40$ for 4gb, until November 21st -- without the autopay and other awards though.

Keep it up PM and keep those prices down! Robot LOL

fido_4gb.pngvirgin-40-4gb.jpg
http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/rogers/fido-40-4gb-plan-public-mobile/
http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/bell/virgin-40-4gb-plan/

8 REPLIES 8

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The only thing about that plan is theres no guarantee they wont up the rates on you in 6 months. I just got off the fence and signed up today after staring at my sim card that came in the mail 2 weeks ago. I'll give it a fair chance here and hopefully over the years I'll get the -$1 rewards yearly. 🙂 Not to mention I'm really looking forward to some roll over data finally here in Canada.

jgorman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I agree.
Looks good on the big 3. If I could swear I would. Those money hungry over priced €£*%^*€.
I hope PM has this promo again and more can move over to heaven here at PM.

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Not the same even if it was available to everyone in Canada. Overage charges are crazy and 55 cents for long distance vs PM at 4 cents or less. You also don't have the flexibility of using more than 4GB one month and using less on the others. Never mind that PM plan is still cheaper due to autopay/referal/annual/community rewards.

ben10nnery

I looked at their offerings and saw in small print that the Virgin Mobile one is only availible to people in BC and Alberta. Public Mobile still on top!

I like the idea of paying first and not having to worry about overages.

ION9

I can't agree more! It's 2016 and you still have carriers offering Mb of data monthly for a higher price than PM. 
It's time already for other carriers to propose flexible, affordable plans.

ION9

You wish haha
I'm just amused to see them trying to retain their customers while still ripping them off. Cat LOL

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

It is good to see other providers doing this but still Data is 4gb and the great thing about PM is the data is flexible if you don't use 4gb in your first 30 dyas it doesn't mean you only have 8 left that was a huge perk for me!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

PoweredByPho

Advertising for Robelus on PM forums?? Shame on you.

Need Help? Let's chat.