cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile in Halifax

apvm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I am planning to give my PM sim card to one of my family member who study in Halifax, she wants to keep the Ontario number. The plan is the $25 unlimited Canada wide talk and text plus 1GB data.  How is the connection over in Halifax and is it ok to keep the Ontario number?  TIA

8 REPLIES 8

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

In Nova Scotia, it would be easier to point out where Public Mobile does not work, the Bell/Telus network here is pretty robust. 

apvm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks to those who replied, family member went back to Halifax today and told me she has no problem.  Thanks again.

Master2001
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can check coverage map https://publicmobile.ca/coverage

Public Mobile is own by Telus. Same coverage as Telus.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@apvmIt will work just fine. Just make sure you give her your email and Public Mobile account password and it is probably a good idea to walk her through how the payment system works. That way she can do pretty much everything including changing her number to a Halifax one if she ever needs to.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There is good coverage as PM uses Bell & Telus towers.  

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@apvm since it's a Canada wide talk plan, she can keep the number.

Coverage should be very good because she would be using Bell's towers in Halifax.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

A-okay to keep the number, and with the unlimited nationwide calling in that plan, your family member is covered.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I spent a couple of weeks in Halifax/Dartmouth in June. PM was consistently available and I had no issues. As for the number, I have heard lots of people keeping their numbers and moving provinces. No issues there, I believe.

Need Help? Let's chat.