cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile in Alberta

youleplaisir
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!!! I live in Calgary (Alberta) and I want to know if it's possible to set up my phone number (403 909 XXXX) on a Public Mobile SIM Card.

4 REPLIES 4

@khalil2barkat wrote:

Hi there,

I would like to switch over from Freedom mobile to Public mobile but retaining my telephone number as all my friends and relatives are familiar with the present number.

Can someone please reply to me about this and also to get a Canada wide unlimited talk plan.

Thanks 

Khalil B.

All currently offered Public Mobile plans that include calling ability have Canada-wide talk. For unlimited calling, you'll need to take either the $25, $35, $40, or $50 plan.

To port in a number from Freedom Mobile, be sure to have your Freedom Mobile account number available.

khalil2barkat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I would like to switch over from Freedom mobile to Public mobile but retaining my telephone number as all my friends and relatives are familiar with the present number.

Can someone please reply to me about this and also to get a Canada wide unlimited talk plan.

Thanks 

Khalil B.

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

Hello @youleplaisir,

Yes, it's possible.

If you currently have an account with Public Mobile, you can verify on the self serve if your number is eligible to be transfered or not.

Direct link from the self serve is :

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/msisdn-swap/

Click on "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider"

Then, under "Check to see if your phone number is eligible", enter your phone number.

Important : the number you want to transfer toward Public Mobile must be active (bill paid) while you're doing the transfer.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Absolutely, however public mobile is a self serve company with no phone support if something goes wrong. Everything has to be done through this community form or have to send an email and as of right now they are only taking on clients on a trial basis so go to publicmobile.ca and request a free Sim card to see if you get an invite to become a customer.
Need Help? Let's chat.