cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile client software is really crap

TK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

After several failed and boring attempts to activate a line, I get the help of a moderator to activate. PM gave me 10 days to try. During this time, I made all setups, autopay, new $120 plan...

Today, 10 days later, PM renewed my plan, charged me $120, renewed my plan for another 10 days  gave me $6 rewards for 10 days plan, and left $99 balance.

Really sad. I have to send message and wait. 

PM1.jpgPM2.jpg

22 REPLIES 22

I wouldn't go so far as saying PM's webwares are "really crap".  Many people report that the process of hooking up with PM was smooth and Self-Serve works fine for them.  Normally.

Things aren't normal right now, though.  PM is obviously drowning under a backlog of customer complaints, it looks like they weren't prepared for the response their current promo generated, it looks like some sort of unexpected glitch in their system set things back.  Right now these forums are littered with the complaints, frustrations, and negativity of new customers - it's not really representative of how things work most of the time.

I've seen gradual minor improvements over my time with PM.  It looks to me like they're very conservative, they don't roll out even the tiniest changes to their websites until they're fully confident it won't cause buggy badness which could cost them many new and existing customers.

But all that being said, I do very much agree that PM needs to improve the Self-Serve client wares at many levels.  It's the primary user interface for all PM customers.  When it looks bad, the company looks bad.  When it doesn't work, the company doesn't work.  When frustrated new customers skitter away, or when frustrated existing customers leave, they're gone and won't come back - and worst of all, they spread bad rep about a company which utterly depends on spreading good rep to advertise it's presence.

The cryptic 1980s-style Monolithic-Corporate-Institutional billing/accounting system needs to be streamlined into easily understood plain English (or plain French).  Customers shouldn't need to do their own math or span their entire billing history just to figure out what they're paying each month and what they get each month.  Yes the company accountants are trained to categorize and tabulate things in certain ways, but they should translate the billing into the customer's point of view - right now the customer has to do the work, and nobody wants to buy more work.

"Thank You For Your Payment" messages should immediately be followed by an informative "Your Phone Service May Not Become Active For A Short Time, Click Here For More Details" dialogue.  And this should be appended with "Click Here To Report Your Problem To The PM Support Staff" or "Click Here To Read Your Message From The PM Support Staff" follow-up message after a reasonable period (say about 24 hours or so) when it should be apparent to PM that there might be a problem because the new phone service has never been used to connect to the network or make any calls.  And these user links should automagically communicate all the available details about Account #, SIM Card #, Phone #, etc to the PM staff to make their jobs easier and minimize response times.  Clumsy emails and patiently-repeated requests for such basic information just doesn't cut it when dealing with "You took my money and gave me no phone service, I want my refund now!"

I realize that accounting, technical, web, and customer service are all very different things, segmented into entirely different hierarchies within most businesses.  And I realize that customer support must often involve openly-transparent disclosure, de-escalation, and psychology which simply don't work for all customers unless direct human-to-human communication is available.  PM's operating paradigm is attempting to defy these realizations - so their plan for success must include plans for integrating all these services into the end-user interface.  In my opinion, this end-user interface is not succeeding at the task, it's in dire need of upgrading.

Not to seem like a complainer - my experience with PM has been excellent, my experience with PM's problem resolution has been excellent, I plan to stay and bring along as many friends as I can.  I am saying that I agree PM needs to invest in upgrading their client software, it's barely okay when it should be magnificently flawless.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Total agreed the software are crappy, hope PM can improved for the next Promo, my 2 cents.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Thanks for the update @TK truly sorry about the hassles. It's been crazy around here lately. Let's hope everything's smooth from now on.@TK truly sorry about the hassles. It's been crazy around here lately. Let's hope everything's smooth from now on.

Rockdaddy22
You should could also use the French site, they might even have French twitter and facebook support. Rest assured you will get helped, things are just a little crazy with popularity of the promo.

TK

Thanks everybody,

Thanks @Jeremy_M

Up to 10 hours after plan change, I had no service. Then, I got a message from PM, "Everything should be working, reboot". I did, and it works properly from that time.

hruizmar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought 2 vouchers for CAD $ 138, uploaded them to the system and never my service was actived... Service technical and support not responding.

J'ai acheté 2 bons pour CAD138 $, je les chargé au mon compte mais mon service n'est pas activé... J'ai envoyé des messages au technical service, community etc, et toujours pas de réponse.

Rockdaddy22
What happened

hruizmar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I lost $138... Nobody responds, no data, no service

TK

@Jeremy_M

Hi

Future Payment all messed up on the top "Payment Due Date: Feb 14, 2017"

on th bottom of the page "AutoPay Next Payment Date: Nov 26, 2016"PM new.jpg

TK

@Jeremy_M

Hello again

Seriously, I have no service. As though I am out of my province. I power cycled. That happened after plan change. Could you fix this please

TK

@Jeremy_M

Thanks a lot, I see plan change on the web, but I do not have service. Incoming calls go to answering machine. outgoing local calls, I get the message "you need long distance addons".  no internet

Rockdaddy22
Great to see you active Jeremy 🙂

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Tk,

Plan changed on the back end, sorry for the delay!

Jeremy

TK

@Jeremy_M

More than 5 days waiting, No reply from mod.

As promo ends soon, I added funds, now $120.

I tried to manually change the plan, but it did not work. "Sorry we are not able to process your request"

TK
@Jeremy_M
Thanks
Message sent

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @TK,

Sorry to hear about the frustrationRobot Frustrated

Can you please private message me your account number?

Jeremy

Rockdaddy22
Unfortunately it could have been avoided if you did the plan change manually, 1 day before it expired. I know you had know way of knowing that, just letting other people know for the future.

@Elvina @TK Follow the procedure here: Contact Moderators I think you are scenario 3).

There's nothing else you can do. Here's my theory on what is happening on automatic plan changes.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Elvina
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Similar issue here! I selected to change my plan on next renew day and setup auto pay, but the system put my account on suspension on that renew day. I have to manually reactive my old plan, which still charged me for the old rate, and manually changed the old plan to new one. Not happy cuz the system charged me both for the old plan and new plan 😞

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Definitely hear your frustration @TK! There seems to be a glitch with autopay. My plan will renew on the 18th, and I might just manually process the payment a day early to avoid the whole kerfuffle Robot Frustrated

mimmo

Yeah unfortunatly its a know glitch in the system which hopefully will be addressed soon.  something similar happened with me as well. you need to contact one of the mods and ask them to fix it.  remember to send them your name phone number and the plan you want.  

Not the answer you want but typically once the system is set up with a plan it tends not to like chages especially ones than cost more money. 

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

LOL. That's interesting.

Did you send a private message to our moderators?

If not i will tag one of them for you and when it's available it will help you out solving this. @Mary_M

Need Help? Let's chat.