cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile app

Patmac
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Are there any plans to have an app for PM? Be nice instead of having to go to the website to do things.

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tav wrote:

Having a mobile optimised my account page would be great. As for the community forum it says "powered by lithium" at the bottom and there is a lithium android app. Anyone try that out?

@Tav Nice find!  Looks like there's a "still in development" Android app here:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=lithium.lithosphere.  Haven't tried it.  All I see for iPhone is their social media app, not a community app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/lithium-technologies-inc/id423846517

EDIT: looks like the Android app I linked above is only for accessing Lithium's own community, called Lithosphere: https://lithosphere.lithium.com/.  I can't see a way to make it connect to this community.  Of course, you can always appify the community using Hermit lite, as I linked to earlier in this thread.  It works pretty well with the community after the responsive redesign about a year or so ago.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Having a mobile optimised my account page would be great. As for the community forum it says "powered by lithium" at the bottom and there is a lithium android app. Anyone try that out?

bridonca

@ShawnC13 wrote:

You can control the display size through your phone.

Answers like that means Public Mobile does not get it!   Most of Public Mobile's user base have a cell phone with a web browser, some do not even use a computer.  Yet the web page is optimized for a computer!  The web page should be optimized for a mobile device, the computer users won't mind.  It is not like the current web page is art!  (Not a complaint, I like it when using a web browser)  

It is the same issue with the $10 off on $30+ plan for new users.  Public Mobile can do what they want, but if a good chunk that see the ad are current Public Mobile customers, it is probably a good idea to mention in the ad copy they do not qualify for the offer, and not have it buried in the fine print. 

hzmy

App is really not necessary unless there are some exclude features that an app can do which I can't think of any.

Rather, make the UI more appealing, and more stable is what I would prefer.

These account apps that I've seen have all just been exactly the same as the mobile version of the website.  All you'd have to do would be to load the site, leave yourself logged in, and bookmark it. It'd be the same thing.

bud21ca

I have used the apps with other providers and always ended up going back to the online account page. Apps were bulky, laggy and overall useless.

@bridonca wrote:

@Patmac wrote:

Are there any plans to have an app for PM? Be nice instead of having to go to the website to do things.

I think it would be a better idea to make the website more mobile friendly.  The font sizes are absolutely horrid looking on a mobile device.  And too small

You can control the display size through your phone.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

bridonca

@Patmac wrote:

I think it would be a better idea to make the website more mobile friendly.  The font sizes are absolutely horrid looking on a mobile device.  And too small

srlawren

@Patmac if you use an Android phone and want to app-ify the self-serve and/or community sites, please see this tutorial:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Very-Partial-workaround-for-lack-of-P... it's free and only takes a few mins to set up.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Its unlikley they will have app anytime soon.

Use the website, it has everything.   

Sharry19

@Patmac PM doesn't have any app. Interaction with comminty is way better over the computer instead of app. 

@Lieux, as @mimmo mentioned, Koodo got rid of their's as the community preferred the website over the app.

@Patmac, if you're on Android and looking for a data monitor app for a 30- or 90-day cycle, get Data Witness PM, from community member @IWIK.  It's free for members of the community.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Not yet...perhaps one day.. @Patmac

mimmo

No plans for an app at all. 

Koodo also nixed theirs. 

Need Help? Let's chat.