cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile App

tidepodravioli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I recently found out that Lucky Mobile has their own app for viewing their account statistics such as data and minute usage. Seeing this, I suddenly got interested in why Public doesn't have an app or if there was one in the works. I'm a novice to intermediate developer who'd love to either start or help work on getting something like this going. So where would I go about starting a project like this permission wise?

Tldr: lucky has an app, public doesn't, I want to make one or help to make it, who do I ask for permission

11 REPLIES 11

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You should!!! That would be so awesome!! 🙂

@geopublic wrote:

@tidepodravioli  Here you go.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Public-Mobile-App-Development/m-p/431999

Maybe you could send @djraval  a private message a discuss a possible collaboration.

How is the app?  Have you used it?

@tidepodravioli  Here you go.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Public-Mobile-App-Development/m-p/431999

Maybe you could send @djraval  a private message a discuss a possible collaboration.

tidepodravioli

@geopublic wrote:

@tidepodravioli  There was another customer that posted recently that wanted to create an APP. Maybe you guys can team up to speed things up.👍 I will try and see if I can find the post.

Yeah for sure!

tidepodravioli

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@tidepodravioli They aren"t in a rush to make one.  Public Mobile has been going for years without it. They need to fix the bugs first.

I mean, the whole reason I thought about starting a project like this was because I want the convenience an app could bring. Like imagine being able to be able to check your account stats without having to open your web browser, which for those of us who don't really have that much data, is a great way to save data. Also imagine the community on that app, we could have an experience similar to the Reddit app which is way better polished than what we have now. Not making any promises but the potential of making an app for this already great service would open up so many doors

tidepodravioli

@will13am wrote:

@tidepodravioli , I like your dedication.  If you are serious about it, contact @Alan_K, see what he says.  Public Mobile has fallen behind its peers so much, they need to do more than just offer an app.  I would like to see some form of augmented data which the competitors offer as well.  I think the more customers talk about this kind of stuff, the harder it is for them to ignore it.  

I mean, at least our website doesn't look like chatrs, theirs looks like it was straight from 2008 haha

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@tidepodravioli They aren"t in a rush to make one.  Public Mobile has been going for years without it. They need to fix the bugs first.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tidepodravioli  There was another customer that posted recently that wanted to create an APP. Maybe you guys can team up to speed things up.👍 I will try and see if I can find the post.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tidepodravioli , I like your dedication.  If you are serious about it, contact @Alan_K, see what he says.  Public Mobile has fallen behind its peers so much, they need to do more than just offer an app.  I would like to see some form of augmented data which the competitors offer as well.  I think the more customers talk about this kind of stuff, the harder it is for them to ignore it.  

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am ok with no app, although it would be cool if you could check your account on the PM site or even go on the community without it counting against your data.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@tidepodravioli 

The idea of a PM app has been discussed on the forum in the past.  Other software developers have offered to design an app, but nothing has come from it.  I do not think that developing an app is a high priority for Public mobile management at the present time.

Need Help? Let's chat.