cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public MOBILE optimized site.

ArkonAdeka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it just me or does public mobile not have a public MOBILE site.

Does this phone plan provider not have a phone optimized website.

Does the webpage I browse, from my phone, to renew my data not have a SITE THAT'S CREATED FOR MOBILES?!?!

Please tell me I'm crazy!!!

5 REPLIES 5

Unchecking desktop site when using a phone browser will make the commu itt site looj different.  Content will be the same, but stuff rearrangednso there less need for horizontal scrolling.  There isn't a separate address unlike some other sites.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

There are a couple things that really bother me about public mobile.

-Lack of official communication regarding a ton of issues.

-Public mobile hyping us up for fixes, then silence, no response to comments / questions / update requests.

-Seemingly a not important, carefree, relaxed attitude towards bugs. Most of these bugs have been around for 5+ years.

-Public mobile taking things away. (90 day promotions, public labs)

-Public mobile is the most expensive carrier for unlimited sms plans that can add-on data

-Moderator team not reading details, responding to the wrong person / not accurately conveying wait times.

There are things that I wish for improvement

-Add-on / plan variety (mostly sms related)

-Ticketing system built into self-serve

-Ability to remove add-ons (1gb us roaming data finished? can't buy another one, wait 10 days)

-Bug fixes (so many bugs here)

Things I like about public mobile.

-Rewards / Cost

- Community

- Fantastic Bell/Telus network

A mobile site for something that is already accessible if I just pinch in on my screen, is of the lowest priority to me. Fix things that we canno't fix ourselfs.

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ArkonAdeka wrote:

Does the webpage I browse, from my phone, to renew my data not have a SITE THAT'S CREATED FOR MOBILES?!?!

Phone browser optimized web page development has become a dieing art with the introduction of the trend:

Website is to computer just as App is to Mobile device.

Most companies would have a similarly poorly optimized app ( cus guess what, website is easier to make than an app). That said I think you are best off finding the right browser for operating on the website of your choosing and then proceeding to bookmark it and add the bookmark to your homepage. If you are not sure how to go about any of the steps I mentioned try Google before replying.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

No @ArkonAdeka..you are not crazy...but you just discovered what public mobile looks like....no frills...Smiley Wink but everything you need if you like to do it by yourself!!

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@ArkonAdeka wrote:

@ArkonAdekaYou are not crazy.

The community has a "mobile" page, but "my account" / "self serve" does not have a mobile site.

One other interesting quirk. The phone company- without a phone number 😉

Need Help? Let's chat.