cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Province wide plan and calls to non-local area code

Hello,

 

I am new to PM, and started with $10 plan. I want to upgrade my plan to province wide and I am a little bit confused with home province definition. Me and my partner moved from ON to NB and we keep our Ontario numbers. So we both live in NB and both have Ontario area code numbers. If I choose province wide plan, will we be able to call to each other?Smiley Happy

 

Thanks

Mayor / Maire

Re: Province wide plan and calls to non-local area code

As long as you both keep the province in your profile as Ontario you will be able to call each other and anywhere else in Ontario, however you will not be able to call anyone in New Brunswick. If you both change it to New Brunswick then you can call each other and the rest NB.

 

Your best option would probably be the $30 for 30 day bonus plan that is on now with unlimited Canada wide talking, unlimited international texting, and 500 MB of data (1 GB total if you sign up for auto pay.)

 

Whichever you choose if you opt to change your plan immediately you forfit the rest of your current plan and have to pay for your new one immediatly, but you can select to for your plan to change automatically on your next renewal date.

Oracle

Re: Province wide plan and calls to non-local area code

What plan were you thinking if getting? Talk and text only?  For $25?

 

I believe most of the 3g  data plans include Canada calling at no extra cost. The cheapest being $30

 

The other option is to buy a long-distance addon for 8$ which gives you 200 minutes and lasts till used up

 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Province wide plan and calls to non-local area code

@Alex888, @mimmo, thanks a lot!

I was considering $25 plan. But it looks that it will not work in my situation, as I have some friends here, who also have other provinces area codes. $30 plan is better choice, I guessSmiley Happy

Oracle

Re: Province wide plan and calls to non-local area code


@Ynasedkina wrote:

Hello,

 

I am new to PM, and started with $10 plan. I want to upgrade my plan to province wide and I am a little bit confused with home province definition. Me and my partner moved from ON to NB and we keep our Ontario numbers. So we both live in NB and both have Ontario area code numbers. If I choose province wide plan, will we be able to call to each other?Smiley Happy

 

Thanks


With Province Wide calling you would need long distance to call an ON from NB.  You would be able to call the NB numbers but you would need to add 1 in front of all the numbers you dial, and any land line of cell that doesn't have Canada wide calling in NB would need to call you long distance.


* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Oracle

Re: Province wide plan and calls to non-local area code

This knowledge base covers province wide talk and how it works when not in home province. 

 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167

Highlighted
Oracle

Re: Province wide plan and calls to non-local area code


@Alex888 wrote:

As long as you both keep the province in your profile as Ontario you will be able to call each other and anywhere else in Ontario, however you will not be able to call anyone in New Brunswick. If you both change it to New Brunswick then you can call each other and the rest NB.

 

Your best option would probably be the $30 for 30 day bonus plan that is on now with unlimited Canada wide talking, unlimited international texting, and 500 MB of data (1 GB total if you sign up for auto pay.)

 

Whichever you choose if you opt to change your plan immediately you forfit the rest of your current plan and have to pay for your new one immediatly, but you can select to for your plan to change automatically on your next renewal date.


@Alex888, the above part that I bolded is incorrect.  Province wide calling isn't based on what area code you have for your phone it is actually based on what Province you are in.  So when you go to another Province that becomes the Province you can call in (you will need to add a 1 in front for the call to go through)  So both having ON numbers in NB and only Province wide calling they wouldn't be able to call each other without a long distance plan or Canada wide calling


* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Province wide plan and calls to non-local area code

@ShawnC13, thank you! So if I understand it right, my home province will be ON, while I keep this number, regardless of my address on my PM profile.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Province wide plan and calls to non-local area code

@ShawnC13  So how does that work if someone visted a different province part way through the month? Can they call people within the province they are visiting?

Oracle

Re: Province wide plan and calls to non-local area code


@Ynasedkina wrote:

@ShawnC13, thank you! So if I understand it right, my home province will be ON, while I keep this number, regardless of my address on my PM profile.


@Ynasedkina, no if you are physically located in NB that is the Province you can call with a Province wide calling, and you would need a long distance plan to call any other Province including Ontario numbers.


* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *