cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper procedure for filing a CCTS complaint

Kattz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

OK, so the last few days haven't been very good around here. Maybe it would be a good idea to get some clarification about the proper procedure for resolving a complaint. 

Like most people, I would prefer to deal with the company to resolve an issue rather than a government regulator. I seem to get texts a couple of times a month from PM to inform me that I can contact the CCTS if I have a complaint about my service. This is actually not the proper procedure. PM does not seem to have any way to escalate a serious issue. 

Would you please send this message to someone in the management team so t:hat we, the customers, know how to attempt to resolve an issue with PM? I'm sure that the CCTS would be most greatful. 

25 REPLIES 25

G_Pomzz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I filed my complaint online, it's very easy. In the section on the form where it asks if I tried to resolve the complaint with PM. I stated, it's not possible as there was no "complaints department" at PM and no "contact us" phone number to call. 

lilian_liang

I just kept sending message to their mod team and finally there's a lady (she's like an angel) helped me. She solved the problem immediately.

I am not sure whether I am allowed to post her name here though.

@Barbiejo123 wrote:

Hi I'm wondering how you were able to resolve your complaint with public mobile? I've sent over 25 messages to the moderator team over the course of a week and have had no responses. I don't know where else to go can you help?

Thanks

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Wow, why resurrect a year old thread?  I wonder if the messages are being sent to the wrong recipient.  The moderator team may take a bit of time to respond, but week long and too many message to keep count of with no response is unprecedented.  If true, that would be sufficient grounds for a CCTS complaint.  

@Barbiejo123 wrote:

Hi I'm wondering how you were able to resolve your complaint with public mobile? I've sent over 25 messages to the moderator team over the course of a week and have had no responses. I don't know where else to go can you help?

Thanks

If you've been trying to resolve a dispute or service issue without success, it's your right to go through CCTS to complain. https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/

I know that you want the moderators to respond to you.  However, sending them 25 messages over a week could actually greatly slow them down in getting to you because they then have to read through all 25 messages instead of just a couple.

Barbiejo123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks

ryjawar77

Okay. Maybe do a hard reset on your phone and see if it starts working. 

Also, check your account to make sure the plan is properly selected. 

Maybe check that there is enough money on account for the change of plan?

That is so Bizaar

lilian_liang

@ryjawar77 wrote:

Personally, I think you have a bad SIM card so you may want to look into getting a replacement. 

Also, maybe double check that your phone is unlocked (not tied to a carrier), but I don’t think that is the case if your phone was working previously. 

Ah......? But it worked perfectly the first 90 days. Everything happened after I changed my talk plan from province-wide talk to Canada-wide talk from my new billing cycle - starting from Feb. 28th.

Meanwhile my text & data works normally. 

ryjawar77

Personally, I think you have a bad SIM card so you may want to look into getting a replacement. 

Also, maybe double check that your phone is unlocked (not tied to a carrier), but I don’t think that is the case if your phone was working previously. 

lilian_liang

updates:

A mod contacted me Saturday PM, telling me he made some changes and advised me to turn off & on my cell and try again, if still not working, then switch sim card with other workable phone.

1. I turned off & on my cell, ---> not working

2. I put PM's sim into my work cell, an iPhone XS MAX, ---> not working

3. I put BELL (my work cell)'s sim into my personal cell, an iPhone 6 plus ---> working perfectly

So I don't think it's a device problem.

lilian_liang

@Lieux wrote:

Go answer @lilian_liang !! They will be available at 9AM this morning....

Thank you very much, I do see a lot of warm-hearted (of course you are one of them here) in this community. 

Go answer @lilian_liang !! They will be available at 9AM this morning....

lilian_liang

Sorry, just saw a private message from Mod team on Saturday, but for some reason, it doesn't show on my mobile PM (I have to be on road all day long Sat & Sun so I did't check my PC on weekends).

lilian_liang

5 days now. 

Is my account experiencing something really serious? 

lilian_liang

@Lieux wrote:

You are still here @lilian_liang ! What a perseverance! What can I tell you more...Smiley Frustrated...already answered the moderator that nothing helped?

I @ the mod team in my post, i sent private message to mod team, from Friday 5 pm till Sunday 10 pm, nobody answered my question, nobody told me what's going on..... so frustrated.

You are still here @lilian_liang ! What a perseverance! What can I tell you more...Smiley Frustrated...already answered the moderator that nothing helped?

lilian_liang

@ryjawar77 wrote:

Hey! Sometimes stuff happens and in lieu of a call centre, you have the community to ask for help, but it can sometimes take a little longer for a response. Did you try hard resetting your phone? Even when I was with other carriers (I'm new to PM), this could happen from time to time. That is the quick fix. It could also have something to do with your SIM card. 

I have found, in my short time here, that the community and mods are very helpful!

I’ve tried millions of time to reset my network, suspend then resume my SIM card, turn off then on my cellphone, everything I could do as a customer end! Still not working!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Awesome! Thank you 🙂

ryjawar77

Hey! Sometimes stuff happens and in lieu of a call centre, you have the community to ask for help, but it can sometimes take a little longer for a response. Did you try hard resetting your phone? Even when I was with other carriers (I'm new to PM), this could happen from time to time. That is the quick fix. It could also have something to do with your SIM card. 

I have found, in my short time here, that the community and mods are very helpful!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @lilian_liang

Sorry to hear about your situation. I have contacted a Mod to verify the status of your case. I was advised they are currently working on it. Please bear with us as we are actively working on resolving the problem with your account. 

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. 

Public Mobile

lilian_liang

My talk did not work for 3 days, tried to contact mod but got no response.

Imagine nowadays, everybody relies on cellphones, how many troubles will bring to a customer for can not use his/her own phone calls for 3 days (or even more)?

I just feel PM does NOT care about customers at all.

I don't know what answer you're expecting.  As there is no telephone numbr to call, you must register your complaint, via Private Message to the moderators.  This is the only contact that we as subscribers have with anyone at Public Mobile.

@Kattzwrote:

This still doesn't answer my question. Copying and pasting stuff from the site is not helpful. I can read this myself. 

I give up. 

Kattz

This still doesn't answer my question. Copying and pasting stuff from the site is not helpful. I can read this myself. 

I give up. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Scroll down to the very bottom of any Public Mobile forum page.  Near the bottom right corner is a Privacy & Legal link.

It provides links to Service Terms.  This is your contract with Public Mobile, you have already "agreed" and "accepted" these terms if you are a Public Mobile subscriber.  (Indeed, you have already "agreed" and "accepted" that PM can change these terms at any time with 30-days notice, and that you already "agree" or "accept" these changed terms, lol, but that's another matter entirely.)

It provides links to the CRTC and the CCTS.

The CRTC Wireless Code defines rights for wireless consumers and regulations for wireless operators.  The Wireless Code is a complex multifaceted legal-technical-business document spread all over the CRTC websites, but they offer a simplified "plain-language" version for consumer reference.

The CCTS provides ancillary services, including arbitration of customer complaints, this is the regulatory authority for policing and enforcing the Wireless Code.  This is where consumers can complain.

The "proper" procedure is for the consumer to communicate with the operator (Public Mobile), to attempt to negotiate dispute resolution, and to communicate that they will file a complaint for CCTS arbitration if no resolution is possible.  This channel allows consumers to challenge or defy the operator, even impose demands and scream for justice and decree ultimatums - but the CCTS will dismiss any claims which bypass their procedure or which aren't (in their legal opinion) "reasonably" relevant to the Service Terms or Wireless Code.  To my knowledge there is no appeal process, but I'm sure one could always take the CCTS itself to court if so inclined.

The recent PM-Koodo promo scandal was addressed by the CCTS here.  They specifically note that en masse online complaints (through social media, etc) generated an unusually large volume of complaints but they circumvented "proper" procedures - they would normally be dismissed by the CTSS because they were not filled in correctly, they would normally be rejected by the carrier because no two-way opportunity for resolution was ever offered by the customers, etc.  While the CCTS doesn't explicitly say it, they strongly imply that consumers will lose their "voice" in future online complaint campaigns of this sort.  It's a lot of extra work for them, they have to follow up every complaint even though PM already backed down so there's no longer any "dispute" for them to arbitrate, it's their job but it doesn't mean they're going to take kindly to mass media clicking making their job harder in the future.

Kattz

I'm waiting to hear from a mod. This still doesn't answer my question. 

The issue is what to do BEFORE contacting the CCTS. We can only contact a mod. They are the equivalent of the call centre staff at the other telecoms. What do you do if you don't agree with the answer from the mod? At a regular telecom, there are people to specifically deal with things like this. 

There were 1600 complaints filed with the CCTS because no one knew what to do. PM sends out texts every so often telling us to contact the CCTS if we have a complaint about our wireless service. That isn't the correct procedure. You are supposed to contact someone at the phone company first and attempt to resolve your issue. The mods obviously cannot reverse a decision about a price increase, for example. Someone much higher up the food chain would make that decision. 

I'm just trying to clarify what we should do if a dispute arises again. The 1600 complaints filed would have been rejected if PM had not backed off on the price increase. Apparently, contacting a mod is not enough.  

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Here is what they listed on the Plans Page:

Having issues? 

Our community moderators are available to help in our Community. If you need more details on how to reach a moderator, we have a specific post on how to reach them in the Community on that too. 

How to make a CCTS complaint 

The CRTC has created a Wireless Code that applies to all wireless service providers in Canada. The Wireless Code Checklist helps you understand what your rights are under the Wireless Code. If you have a complaint and are unable to reach a satisfactory resolution with Public Mobile, the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services (CCTS) may be able to assist you at ccts-cprst.ca or 1-888- 221-1687.

Will my account balance expire? 

If you’re without a base plan for 90 days, your account will be deactivated and you’ll lose your phone number and any balance remaining on your account balance, including your Add-ons. Your 30-day base plans expire and are set to automatically renew every 30 days. Base plans can only be renewed when there’s a sufficient balance on the account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.