cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion

4siu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why Public Mobile only do promotion on 3G plan? How about 4G plan? Are they going to change their business trend into 3G in order to meet the competitors?

18 REPLIES 18

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dna2016 wrote:

@4siu, ya I'm wondering when/if they'll offer any more 4G promos, i haven;t seen one since last year, so I'm keeping my eyes open.  But I guess we need to remind ourselves that PM is the 3rd tier member of the Telus group, Telus being #1 (the premium brand), Koodo being #2, and then PM #3, so I guess we can;t expect Telus to just have their sub tier brand have all the best service plans.  I doubt they'll have very many 4G promos going forward, but I have a feeling they'll toss one in like once a year or something.  Just gotta keep checking in the community forum.

There are current ready-made "promos' for LTE plans but they are not that good. $45 for 2GB hardly a deal, but it is being "promoted" as a ready made plan.

If your holding out for another $40 4GB LTE promo (or similar)... i wouldnt hold your breath. I doubt it will happen

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@4siu, ya I'm wondering when/if they'll offer any more 4G promos, i haven;t seen one since last year, so I'm keeping my eyes open.  But I guess we need to remind ourselves that PM is the 3rd tier member of the Telus group, Telus being #1 (the premium brand), Koodo being #2, and then PM #3, so I guess we can;t expect Telus to just have their sub tier brand have all the best service plans.  I doubt they'll have very many 4G promos going forward, but I have a feeling they'll toss one in like once a year or something.  Just gotta keep checking in the community forum.

4siu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PM going backwardsMan Mad

Wonder_why

@will13am wrote:

@Wonder_why wrote:

@will13am I will be coming back for round 10 😁😀

Have you left the returned that many times?

@will13am NO LOL I am with PM sister now, love PM Heart forums one day will be back for round 10 Cat Happy

@Wonder_why wrote:

Have you left the returned that many times?

torontokris

@4siu wrote:

Why Public Mobile only do promotion on 3G plan? How about 4G plan? Are they going to change their business trend into 3G in order to meet the competitors?

They use to only have full LTE and did have promos on LTE (fall promo plan). However appears they are now trying to be Telus 3rd tier and compete against Chatr (and others) who  offer 3G plans. So PM is pushing thier 3G plans... even though its throttled LTE.  

mynamejc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think they're aiming to segregate themselves from Koodo. Public being a lower-priced service they offer cheaper plans with slower speeds. If you want full speed you will naturally gear towards Koodo instead for slightly high price plans. Also it may help to bring a lot of users without affecting the experience by limiting the speeds of users.

Wonder_why

Wonder_why

@will13am wrote:

@Wonder_why wrote:

@4siu wrote:

@4siu  why you don't take the Koodo offer $45/8GB Data Plan best money for the bang, offer good till August 21st

Hey I thought you have left for the dark side?  It still costs more to move up the food chain.  So it's not really for everyone.  The 3G designation in the plans is intended to create the perception of greater value for 4G/LTE.  Just like home internet, if the higher speed tiers are offered for free, there would be uptake.  I don't see the appetite to pay for speed.  It's great to have 8GB on tap but only if you have a big data appetite.  Otherwise, it's money down the drain.

@will13am smile I am at the bright and shinny side with sister PM Cat Happy

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PM's direct competition right now are other companies that offer 3G.

@will13am wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@austinhuang wrote:

It's 3G-level speed on 4G network.

Remember, Public Mobile is low-cost. There's Koodo and Telus above PM.

If this solves your question, please select my reply as Solution!

I think asking to have your post marked as a solution is a little cheesy. Even if it is a reminder for the op. 

I thinks it's meant to be a generic signature.  It can work favorably at times and unfavorably in others.  

Yes i understand why it is there.just have always though it was not required no matter what forum i am on

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@austinhuang wrote:

I think asking to have your post marked as a solution is a little cheesy. Even if it is a reminder for the op. 

I thinks it's meant to be a generic signature.  It can work favorably at times and unfavorably in others.  

@Wonder_why wrote:

@4siu wrote:

@4siu  why you don't take the Koodo offer $45/8GB Data Plan best money for the bang, offer good till August 21st

Hey I thought you have left for the dark side?  It still costs more to move up the food chain.  So it's not really for everyone.  The 3G designation in the plans is intended to create the perception of greater value for 4G/LTE.  Just like home internet, if the higher speed tiers are offered for free, there would be uptake.  I don't see the appetite to pay for speed.  It's great to have 8GB on tap but only if you have a big data appetite.  Otherwise, it's money down the drain.

@austinhuang wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@4siu wrote:

I can't see PM don't another 4G promo until 5G is the new standard.  

Wonder_why

@4siu wrote:

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@4siu wrote:

Telus seems to be using Public Mobile not only as a stand alone brand but also as a feeder for post paid Koodo plans. It's the current incarnation; expect it will last several years. Hence no 4G promos.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

austinhuang

Need Help? Let's chat.