cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo code not added at Account activation - Can add in self-serve Account?

webhead888
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

So I activated a new PM Account a few days ago.

At the time of activation the person did not mention there was an additional Promo going on for Lunar New Year (not the current save $5-$10/month for 8 months promo).

Is it possible to add this additional promo code?

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

@kselmak wrote:

@webhead888 

Login to your selfserve and go to https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/ 

There you can enter promo codes if you are eligible it will work otherwise it will give you the message that you are not

Unfortunately, that code is only for new customers. It cannot be added to an existing account.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@webhead888 

Login to your selfserve and go to https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/ 

There you can enter promo codes if you are eligible it will work otherwise it will give you the message that you are not

Screenshot_20200203-130130~2.png

@Anonymous wrote:

@webhead888 wrote:

Hi All, it is the CNY2020 promo code.

When I activated my Account it was never mentioned to me.

It's not the referral code OR the Lunar New Year Promo (signed up for this and will see it next billing cycle). 

Thanks.

Where did you find this promo code?

That code is all over the internet by now.  This is something that I only saw advertised by one retailer.  Some new customers even seem surprised to receive the benefits of this code. It involves bonus data and long distance minutes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@webhead888 wrote:

It's not the referral code OR the Lunar New Year Promo (signed up for this and will see it next billing cycle). 

Thanks.

Where did you find this promo code?

webhead888
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks.

@webhead888 wrote:

Hi,

At the time of activation the person did not mention there was an additional Promo going on for Lunar New Year (not the current save $5-$10/month for 8 months promo).

Thanks.

There is no promo code that needs to be entered for the $5 or $10 off for the first 8 renewals. Some retailers have reportedly been using a promo code for bonus long distance and data.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@webhead888  Submit ticket to PM and ask nicely if they can add the referral code to your account. Don't forget to include the referral code in the message.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @webhead888 

To get the lunar promo you don't have to do anything, it should show up within 30 days.

If you didn't get the referral credit, then contact moderators with your friend's referral code, they can add it manually for both you and your friend

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Welcome to public mobile

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@webhead888 wrote:

Uhm.... not sure what you're asking, because the Lunar New Year promo IS the current save $5-$10/month for 8 months promo..... 🤔 

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Could you please tell us the exact date that you activate @webhead888 ? Thanks. Because, if it was before January 20th, then you are not eligible for the Lunar promotion. 

@webhead888 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@webhead888 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

What promo code? Or do you mean the refer-a-friend code?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Up to 30 days for credit

• Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion
Need Help? Let's chat.