cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Problems with calling

My dads plan has unlimited talk to Canada and the US but a lot of the time he tries to dial a number and it says he doesn’t have talking privileges. After trying multiple times it sometimes works. 

Sometimes he gets a message saying he can’t dial long distance. 

This is is an issue as he needs to be in contact with his doctors. He can still get phone calls fine. 

Please help. 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Problems with calling

Try dial the +1 infront of your number. this helps me limit the message when dialing.

Mayor / Maire

@HumbleBee 

Which model phone does your father have?  Any issues with text or data?

You could try the SIM card in another unlocked phone.  To help determine whether it is a hardware issue/setup versus PM service issue.  

Mayor / Maire

@HumbleBee wrote:

My dads plan has unlimited talk to Canada and the US but a lot of the time he tries to dial a number and it says he doesn’t have talking privileges. After trying multiple times it sometimes works. 

This is is an issue as he needs to be in contact with his doctors. He can still get phone calls fine. 

Please help. 

As long as you have Canada & US calling plan you won't see any added costs for calling long distance...while you are in Canada. As suggested by @seyvoutychan , try dialling 1 before area code. Ignore recorded message that "long distance rates may apply".

If problem persists and your calls still won't complete, then contact moderator for their input. Click this to message them

Good luck.

Mayor / Maire

@HumbleBee wrote:

Please help. 

@HumbleBee  Check the signal strength for a weak signal. Also edit contacts and add +1 in front of the numbers.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@geopublic wrote:

@HumbleBee wrote:

Please help. 

@HumbleBee  Check the signal strength for a weak signal. Also edit contacts and add +1 in front of the numbers.

@HumbleBeeI added (1) infront of area codes on all my contacts

I have same issue

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HumbleBee 

You could have your dad try the "lost/stolen phone trick" to re-provision his plan features:

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of your plan again.

I did that. seems does not work

Mayor / Maire

@henry2018 Hi are you on the 10 or 15 dollar plan did you possibly run out of minutes?