cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with calling

HumbleBee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My dads plan has unlimited talk to Canada and the US but a lot of the time he tries to dial a number and it says he doesn’t have talking privileges. After trying multiple times it sometimes works. 

Sometimes he gets a message saying he can’t dial long distance. 

This is is an issue as he needs to be in contact with his doctors. He can still get phone calls fine. 

Please help. 

17 REPLIES 17

@evgeniagut31 wrote:

I have unlimited talk plane to Canada but second month I am trying to dial a number and it says I don't have talking privileges. I can text, have internet,but can't make a call. I am paying but can not use service.please help me. Don't tell me remove the SIM, check APN... 

I did it, following comments.Thank you

@evgeniagut31, are you on either the $10 or $15 limited talk plans?  If yes, you've most likely have exhausted your available calling minutes.  If you need more, you can add the $5/500 minutes Canada Wide LD minutes.  You'll need to go to self-serve (My Account) to do so, and when purchasing the addon, you'll need to add $5 first, then add the addon again.

There are also $8 and $15 packages for 200 minutes (Canada & US), and 400 minutes (Canda, US, and 16 other countries).  These would be added in the same fashion.

EDIT to add the following...

OOPS!  I missed that you're on an unlimited plan.   Possible issues are you're dialling the number incorrectly, or your contact entry is somehow 'messed up'.  Another such issue could be you're attempting to dial a number which is not set up correctly by PM, and you'll need to contact the moderator_team as suggested in this thread already.

Hi sounds like you need a moderator for that click here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

evgeniagut31
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have unlimited talk plane to Canada but second month I am trying to dial a number and it says I don't have talking privileges. I can text, have internet,but can't make a call. I am paying but can not use service.please help me. Don't tell me remove the SIM, check APN... 

I did it, following comments.Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@henry2018 wrote:

not sure why system does not give that info.

I've come to think of it as the current valid countable features. If not shown then it means they're no longer valid features. ie. consumed.

@henry2018 if it does not show up anymore in your data and addon section it means you used all your outgoing minutes its only 5 bucks for a 500 min add on and they stay on your account until all used up

henry2018

not sure why system does not give that info.

@henry2018 that is what that message means somtimes how many minutes do you have showing in your account?it should say right there on the main page in data and add ons

henry2018

yes, I am on $15 plan. but not run out of min. system message: can’t dial long distance, need to buy add-on

@henry2018 Hi are you on the 10 or 15 dollar plan did you possibly run out of minutes?

henry2018

I did that. seems does not work

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HumbleBee 

You could have your dad try the "lost/stolen phone trick" to re-provision his plan features:

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of your plan again.

henry2018

I have same issue

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@geopublic wrote:

@HumbleBee wrote:

My dads plan has unlimited talk to Canada and the US but a lot of the time he tries to dial a number and it says he doesn’t have talking privileges. After trying multiple times it sometimes works. 

This is is an issue as he needs to be in contact with his doctors. He can still get phone calls fine. 

Please help. 

@HumbleBee  Check the signal strength for a weak signal. Also edit contacts and add +1 in front of the numbers.

@HumbleBeeI added (1) infront of area codes on all my contacts

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@HumbleBee wrote:

Please help. 

@HumbleBee  Check the signal strength for a weak signal. Also edit contacts and add +1 in front of the numbers.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@HumbleBee wrote:

Please help. 

As long as you have Canada & US calling plan you won't see any added costs for calling long distance...while you are in Canada. As suggested by @seyvoutychan , try dialling 1 before area code. Ignore recorded message that "long distance rates may apply".

If problem persists and your calls still won't complete, then contact moderator for their input. Click this to message them

Good luck.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@HumbleBee 

Which model phone does your father have?  Any issues with text or data?

You could try the SIM card in another unlocked phone.  To help determine whether it is a hardware issue/setup versus PM service issue.  

seyvoutychan

Try dial the +1 infront of your number. this helps me limit the message when dialing.

Need Help? Let's chat.