cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with activation - no response from PM

lharris
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi - Last week I tried to activate 3 sims to get on the promo plan.  At the time the website claimed the credit card was denied - tried different card and same thing.  Now have multiple activation charges on 2 credit cards and am unable to access my account because I don't know what the phone numbers are (since the activation apparently failed).

Emailed PM on monday - no response.  Have PM'd multiple mods, also with no response.

How do I get a call or email from someone who can help!

My rollover date is Dec 1st with automatic billing that I can't cancel because I have no account to access.

This is extremely poor customer service. - At least acknowlege you received a message and tell me you will look into it.

So - right now, I am on the wrong plan, getting charged for service I can't access, and getting no help from a company that I am paying for a service.

Someone please help!

4 REPLIES 4

oilblue99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

We're far from normal times right now, as they're swamped with the huge influx from the fall promotion...some have been waiting about (or over) a week.

When things get back to normal, the KB doc indicates they try to answer back within 20-30 minutes (during business hours...which are also on the KB doc).

When will everything be back to normal? From the outside I have no idea, no access to queue numbers, etc. I do know from experience the last few days there's more visible Mod activity...so that's a good sign.

Based on this page, the steps Luddite referenced (for port-in) may work for new sign-ups too. The key is a failed activation (no service) vs. a failed port-in (no incoming calls).

However, kick starting the process (after waiting 24 hours) without a mod requires knowing the phone number (either the port-in number, or the assigned number if picking a new one). Do you have the assigned numbers anywhere? Then again, that path doesn't work in all cases. Even with the phone number it's a potential solution at best.

Mods can go further without the phone number of a failed activation (e.g. with the SIM numbers). Private message a Mod with the required details Luddite referenced.

Hopefully you can find the phone numbers and that path works. Otherwise it's private message and wait... Hang in there.

aphantom
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

"you can expect a response within 48 hours"

But good luck with thatSmiley Happy

lharris
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have private messaged multiple mods - they were online when messaged.

No response.

What is the expected wait time?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

You will need to join the queue by sending a private message as oulined her:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

If you requested a port-in while activating this may help:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-I-fixed-porting-my-mobile-number-and-p...

Hang tough, the backlog is large.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.