Did you mean: 

Problem with Public Mobile's SSL Certificates

raghavgururajan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Folks!

Whenever I try to access public mobile website, I get the following error:

*** ERROR START***

Your connection is not secure.

The owner of publicmobile.ca has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

publicmobile.ca uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown. The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates. An additional root certificate may need to be imported.

Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

***ERROR END***

I request the Public Mobile's System Administrators to update/fix the SSL ceritificates for all hosts of publicmobile.ca.

Thank you!

Regards,

RG.

8 REPLIES 8

@GinYVR wrote:

... highly recommend you go to a location like the library to try the website out..

I tried that once.  They've got their public computers set up with overkill goverment-funded bloat... slow, clumsy, ugly... with broken certs which can't access PM websites, haha.

You can download/import certificates individually or as a package. If you're not into that then just reinstall (or factory reset) your browser, or just install another fresh new browser.

Trusted Root/Certificate Storage can be broken if your device is rooted, running in a dev mode, or flashed with custom bootloader/operating system firmware. (Basically, if you didn't leave the OEM-installed stuff intact.)

Invalid Certificate warnings are often triggered by network packets with mismatched timestamps. It can happen if the system clock on your phone/computer is way out of whack. It can happen if you're tethering and some piece of software or network hardware/firmware (on your side or on the cloud) doesn't like traffic which appears to come from a single device with multiple timestamps. 

raghavgururajan

@computergeek541 

OOPS! Sorry about that.

@raghavgururajan wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have not done anything, but, for past few weeks I am not getting that error anymore.

@raghavgururajan 

Please avoid marking your own messages as solutions.  It won't go over well with other members becasue Solutions are a way to thank other for helping you and might factor in when Public Mobile caluclates monthly Community rewards.

raghavgururajan

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have not done anything, but, for past few weeks I am not getting that error anymore.

@raghavgururajanI highly recommend you go to a location like the library to try the website out..

Double check if your computers have the proxy option turned on. If the proxy option is off and the error persists at your home on multiple computers; that suggests the presence of a malware that is trying to perform a "Man in the middle" attack.

raghavgururajan

I tried both firefox and chrome on multiple computers. The results are same. 😞

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@raghavgururajanIt looks like you are trying to access Public Mobile's website through a proxy server.

Here is the SSL info for activate.publicmobile.ca which also is the same certificate for selfserve

The finger print is E7:A7:27:45:62:E3:CD:3A:E4:2A:D9:51:82:89:94:4C:D5:2C:6B:0F:7E:78:3B:7B:9A:4E:5F:B9:82:68:15:E5

and it is issued by Digicert.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@raghavgururajan wrote:

Hello Folks!

Whenever I try to access public mobile website, I get the following error:

*** ERROR START***

Your connection is not secure.

The owner of publicmobile.ca has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

publicmobile.ca uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown. The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates. An additional root certificate may need to be imported.

Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

***ERROR END***

I request the Public Mobile's System Administrators to update/fix the SSL ceritificates for all hosts of publicmobile.ca.

Thank you!

Regards,

RG.

@raghavgururajan There is nothing wrong with Public's SSL. The issue is definately with your configuration. Try using another browser to test. Clear your DNS cache just in case.

Need Help? Let's chat.