cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price hikes support the revolt if it happens to legacy plans

Mreekster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just leave to teach them a lesson. It is a bare bones company that needed the user to promote which I referred freedom mobile customers to. Brutal bait and switch. We are the ones not interested in top tier robelus plans with a new iPhone every two years. We were the ones not interested in wasting an afternoon with the retention department. This is a slap in the face. If my rates jump up on the promo plans just switch to something better or even if it is the same. I am sure one of the other discount brands will offer up something as soon as they change them 

40 REPLIES 40

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zhadj030 No Probelms with differering opinions every province might have differing factors like a non big 3 player.

I was basing my comment on the fact 

• koodo/virgin offering 1gb for 40,  2 gb for 55, 3gb for 65 or 4gb $85
  • zoomer promos 2gb for  40.5$,  2.5 for 2.5 gb, 3gb for 54$

Plus don't forget the rewards (autopay, loyalty and community and referals)  many have brougt the monthly plans down by 5-15 or more. 

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Hi srlawren,

What you have said makes total sense! 🙂

Unfortunatly for people living in the center of the universe and the rest of Canada, Most usage has to be done inside of Videotron area, so You guys won't be able to profit out of that. (Unless you move to Ottawa ), AKA  

Spoiler
the city that fun forgot  by John Oliver XD so obviosly HBO meaning don't watch it at work

@mimmo wrote:

@srlawren,  I agree 100% with you.

History has shown PM treats its existing members fairly as i metioned in some other thread even if PM hiked their prices 10-15$ /30 days for 4gb promo, i think few would leave, because even with the price hike it would be hard to find a similar plan.  unless you decide for plans with  less data

@mimmo I agree with a lot of what you said except the bold red part. 

While sure we are paying a great price for the promo, a hike on that would kill the meaning of the promo. I know for sure that the area of Ottawa will be empty of PM subscribers.

As I mentionned in other threads, we have a very great advantage with the fact that the forth player Videotron has a kioske in ottawa to serve us the same prices as the compitions in Quebec, without having to change our number or address.

In fact the whole reddit groupe in ottawa/ all my co-workers are subscribed with them and their coverage in the capital is on par with Telus/Bell. No wonder that I could not convince anywone to join PM even under the promo Man Sad .

And the fact that Gatineau doesnt count as local calling does not help either. (A lot of people live in Gatineau (QC) crosse the bridge and work in Ottawa (ON) so they have a mix of both area codes, but PM's system still treats them as canada Wide calling, and in my knowledge it is the only one that does that.)

Now during the current Videotron promo 55/month similar to 15 dollars increase (In our promo) would see me get not 4, not 5 or 6 GB of LTE but 8 GB and does include global text as well as Canada Wide call. Now if you are in our situation, what makes you think that none of us would leave for videotron ?

While Outside Quebec+ Ottawa you would be roaming on rogers LTE, and if not available it would be on Bell/Telus 3G. 

mimmo

@srlawren,  I agree 100% with you.

I think many people are more upset that they will find it harder/impossible to refer people to PM beacuse the prices are now so similar to the bigger brothers.

History has shown PM treats its existing members fairly as i metioned in some other thread even if PM hiked their prices 10-15$ /30 days for 4gb promo, i think few would leave, because even with the price hike it would be hard to find a similar plan.  unless you decide for plans with  less data

I can still  brag to people hey i'm paying x  here at PM,  but the i can get you a great deal part is over .  It will have to wait to see they decide to do another promo.

remember everone at the beggining of teh year screamng the $54ish for 12gb/90 day promo  was too expencive.  I bet they would all jump on it now.

srlawren

Guys, there is no plans to touch anybody's grandfathered plans.  If you stay on the plan you're on already, you'll continue to get the same great talk and/or text and/or data service at the same rate for the forseeable future.  Don't panic.  Listen, I hate the new pricing as much as anyone else, but I don't think it's reason to leave if you're on a grandfathered plan--particularly so if you're on one of the promo plans. 

Technically they could raise prices on grandfathered plans with 30 days notice, and that's one of the few drawbacks of being contract free is that technically you have no price protection which you would get from a contract.  However, they are well aware that if they want to keep their existing subscriber base it's in their best interest not to do that.  I'm not saying it will never happen or could never happen, but I don't think there's anything to worry about at the moment.

If you do happen to leave over this, I'd be curious to hear where you land and what plan you end up with, and for what cost.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@mimmo lol

this community is the best in finding the perfect examples 

mimmo

@Mreekster,  This topic has been discused for over a week now in several threads no need to start a new one. 

no i do not like the new prices and do not think i can refer anyone unless there is a great promo in the future.

Bait and switch not really.  have tehy changed your plan yet?  no. will they maybe but it depends to what and by how much.

PM i believe has treated everyone who has asked for the pre price hike plans (and who ordered sims a resonable time before teh hike) with respect and has worked with them to make them happy.  PM did not need to do that.

dont forget companied change and grow add new products and remove some. I Would love to have my MCRib, or my McDonalds pizza.... but they are no longer offered, but I can get a chocolate/bananna pie.

Could really only be a matter of time before Freedom or Fido/Virgin make a deal to attract PM customers. I saw freedom offering 6GB for $44, but of course you need a phone with band 66, plus its Freedom. Now the smaller three are doing $10 for 6 months on their BYOP plans too

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Mreekster, I am standing shoulder to shoulder with you on this one.  I have always been loyal to my wallet first.  Definitely, I go where the bargains are.  This is certainly going to stop me from recommending this service to anyone.  I will stay the course myself unless something cheaper and better comes along or that prices on the legacy plans go up and I get nudged out the door. 

Need Help? Let's chat.