cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price hikes support the revolt if it happens to legacy plans

Mreekster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just leave to teach them a lesson. It is a bare bones company that needed the user to promote which I referred freedom mobile customers to. Brutal bait and switch. We are the ones not interested in top tier robelus plans with a new iPhone every two years. We were the ones not interested in wasting an afternoon with the retention department. This is a slap in the face. If my rates jump up on the promo plans just switch to something better or even if it is the same. I am sure one of the other discount brands will offer up something as soon as they change them 

40 REPLIES 40

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
I just saw the PM advertisement on the outside of a TCC bus near York University. LESS for LESS.......

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

While no price increases have been announced, if there were, the best way to revolt would be to cancel your service.  Nothing sends a clearing message to a company than to stop paying them and giving them revenue each month.

@computergeek541 two comments to the above:

1) yes, I agree!  and

2) so does Public Mobile.  I think this is why they are extremely unlikely to mess with the grandfathered plans anytime soon.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

While no price increases have been announced, if there were, the best way to revolt would be to cancel your service.  Nothing sends a clearing message to a company than to stop paying them and giving them revenue each month.

SD08

@zhadj030 wrote:

@will13am I believe that you need to have more sushi, both our memories are being overtaken by @SD08

My memory consists of an e-mail archive and a forum search function.  No fish oil and sushi for me.  Please pass the tempura.  Smiley Tongue

@zhadj030 wrote:
@will13am wrote:

Too much carbs overloads the calorie counter.  Just the protein only please. 

https://ca.bodybuilding.com/store/lowcarb.htm     (XD)

Trust me, I have a degree in health science Robot tongue

Sure I will eat my dinner out of a cup.  

@will13am wrote:

https://ca.bodybuilding.com/store/lowcarb.htm     (XD)

Trust me, I have a degree in health science Robot tongue

@zhadj030 wrote:

@will13am I believe that you need to have more sushi, both our memories are being overtaken by @SD08

@will13am wrote:

I have not been able to locate the thread discussing how each of the rankings are determined.  Mayor is supposed to be 6-9 months of time and 1000 posts or something like that.  I would not worry about it too much.  Just keep doing what you are doing and your rank will go up.

Great, then I am close to my retiring age (lol)

@SD08 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I have not been able to locate the thread discussing how each of the rankings are determined.  Mayor is supposed to be 6-9 months of time and 1000 posts or something like that.  I would not worry about it too much.  Just keep doing what you are doing and your rank will go up.

@will13am

I believe this is the thread you're referring to:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/My-ranking-went-up/m-p/150976/highlight/t...

Yep, that is the one.  Well at least the fish oil has helped with the memory on the 1000 post count.

SD08

@will13am wrote:

@will13am

I believe this is the thread you're referring to:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/My-ranking-went-up/m-p/150976/highlight/t...

@zhadj030 wrote:

@will13am yes, I did not mean that it should become a thing to pays the bill, it is great to have something extra like that.

But it would be a real token of appreciation and will feel like it if at the end of the month, you see your plan's price decrease even in a minimal way instead of increasing.

While personnally I would rather have the community's big boys appreciation then anything else.

BTW, when is the ceremony for me to become a mayor ? seems like I am the only left as a deputy mayor XD

Michael77
Hey you guys should shoot for President! If Trump can do it then you can do it too. Lol

Im a deputy now aha. Waiting for the day I take the reigns as well 

@will13am yes, I did not mean that it should become a thing to pays the bill, it is great to have something extra like that.

But it would be a real token of appreciation and will feel like it if at the end of the month, you see your plan's price decrease even in a minimal way instead of increasing.

While personnally I would rather have the community's big boys appreciation then anything else.

BTW, when is the ceremony for me to become a mayor ? seems like I am the only left as a deputy mayor XD

@zhadj030 wrote:

Good afternoon @mimmo 

If I may, I will add an other option that is only available to me 

-Videotron : 44.95$ , 2GB LTE, Unlimited Canada wide calls + global text

And we are excluding freedom mobile for obvious reasons.

I tend to think just like @SD08 , because at this point I will be honest and say that any possible raise touching us wont be very gentle and if it going up, it would go in a way that includes rewards as well (cancel their effect).

Unlike a lot of people in the forum, I did not refer a lot of people, so any increase would touch my budget quickly, as fast as @will13am's Bolt on steriodes.  So I assume that 5-15 dollars increase FOR A 90 DAYS Plan are acceptable, I would not really stomach those chnges if it was on a 30 day plan and with the current rewards system. If costs are goin up by 30 % so should the rewards. 

Lol @zhadj030, the reward system should be exactly that, a reward/token of appreciation.  It should not be viewed as a method of offsetting the monthly fees.

@Michael77 wrote:
A large increase kind of defeats the whole rewards thing......... Doesn't it?

It is just like the First Zimbabwean Dollar . We can get up to 2500 trillion $ in rewards. Sounds great, but at current excange it is worth around 10 Canadian dollar 

Michael77
A large increase kind of defeats the whole rewards thing......... Doesn't it?

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Good afternoon @mimmo 

If I may, I will add an other option that is only available to me 

-Videotron : 44.95$ , 2GB LTE, Unlimited Canada wide calls + global text

And we are excluding freedom mobile for obvious reasons.

I tend to think just like @SD08 , because at this point I will be honest and say that any possible raise touching us wont be very gentle and if it going up, it would go in a way that includes rewards as well (cancel their effect).

Unlike a lot of people in the forum, I did not refer a lot of people, so any increase would touch my budget quickly, as fast as @will13am's Bolt on steriodes.  So I assume that 5-15 dollars increase FOR A 90 DAYS Plan are acceptable, I would not really stomach those chnges if it was on a 30 day plan and with the current rewards system. If costs are goin up by 30 % so should the rewards. 

Michael77
Hi mimmo_L,

Thanks for your response.

I totally understood what you were saying in your post but respectfully disagree. Increasing our plans by $10-$15 would be terrible.

SD08

@mimmo

Actually, I was considering everything, including rewards, which is why I said "if my cost went to $55."

Thanks for the summary of what's currently available in the market.  Always good to know.  Smiley Happy

mimmo

@zhadj030@Michael77@SD08 I think you may have missed my point about a what if scenario, you need to consider PM rewards. someone with no rewards yes time to switch if they can find another $40 plan with enough data.

If we said the average active/semi-active community member had the following plan and rewards: (i am sure many of us have larger referral or community rewards)

• $40 fall 4 gb promo 
  • $2 auto pay
  • $2 community ( 25%)
  • $2 (2 referrals)
  • $1 loyalty

Monthly bill would be $40plan - $7 rewards = 33$ 

Lets say PM decided tomorrow (which they won't,  and i do not think they are planning to) but lets say they do raise their prices by $10

plan becomes $50 - $7= $43

As of today current pricing for plans is:

• Virgin- $40- BYOP- 1 gig, 500 Canada-wide
  • Koodo- $45- BYOP- 1 gig, 500 Canada-wide minutes
  • Fido- $45 but $5 bill credit=$40- BYOP- 1 gig, 500
  • Zoomer Mobile $40.50 for 2 gig LTE data
  • koodo $55 for 2gb

I would seriously think about zoomer, but  it would be a tough decision as i would need to cut mobile usage a little but it would be possible.   

CalvinW
PM will increase the prices of grandfathered plans sooner or later. There's no escaping it

Michael77
I would definitely leave if there was $10-$15 rate increase. If PM raised our rates more than $2 or $3, I would probably leave too. Having said that, I would think our rates are safe for now. After all they just ended the last promotion.

I am pretty new to PM but I will give them the benefit of the doubt. From what I've been hearing is that they have been treating their existing customers well. I hope that will continue into the future. 🙂

@Michael77 wrote:
CRTC will 'need to act' to boost wireless competition, Blais says

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/departing-chair-blais-crtc-will-need-to-act-to-in...

unfortunately nothing but empty talks like usual. 

Michael77

Mreekster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
30 percent increase is if it happens yes but if if it happens. But if customers are not vocal about it and do not voice their concerns then they will do it. How would you feel if your internet company rolled you back to 56kbps modem? Maybe some of you do not even remember what that is, but freedom is ramping up, not down. Time for real competition. Canada needs MVNO companies to give a market shakeup. Resellers giving part of the market lower rates from the big telcos. These are the companies that are really lower in the US, not the main carriers. The Koodo, fido, virgin networks are just masquerading as the American MVNO's to keep the market share to them selves. Hope you hear this Robelus.
P.S. I don't like McRibs tell that to your Telus management

SD08

@will13am wrote:

If my rates went up $10-15 per month, I would be sprinting faster Usain Bolt on steroids.  That would be a greater than 30% increase.  The last time I checked, my salary increase was nowhere near that level.  I do pride myself on being a pretty good shopper.  I think I can get a plan that is south of $55 per month that comes without hardware.  I just got here and I am not asking to be challenged so soon.  However, I will accept the challenge if that is what it comes down to.  Wind grandfathered my $25 (with BTS)/5 gig unthrottled (well not intentionally anyway) 3G plan for more than 4 years while I was with them.  Let see if Public Mobile can beat that for grandfather duration. 

^This.

If my cost went to $55, I'd find other options even if I have to downgrade the data allotment, since I could easily get by with 1GB per month if I had to. I'm actually on pace to use only 2.6 of 12 GB this cycle (and some of that was speedtests), so I have plenty of room to cut.  I only took this plan in the first place because it happened to fall within my budget, with a bonus big data bucket I wasn't even looking for. Yeah, maybe I'd be willing to pay $55/month...10 years from now.

mimmo
So if my 4gb/30day plan went up $15,from 40 to 55, sure i would look, but i am not sure i would find a 4gb plan at a similar price point even with the increased price seeing how prices are going. Would need to find an incredible deal...

@mimmo wrote:

@srlawren,  I agree 100% with you.

I think many people are more upset that they will find it harder/impossible to refer people to PM beacuse the prices are now so similar to the bigger brothers.

History has shown PM treats its existing members fairly as i metioned in some other thread even if PM hiked their prices 10-15$ /30 days for 4gb promo, i think few would leave, because even with the price hike it would be hard to find a similar plan.  unless you decide for plans with  less data

I can still  brag to people hey i'm paying x  here at PM,  but the i can get you a great deal part is over .  It will have to wait to see they decide to do another promo.

remember everone at the beggining of teh year screamng the $54ish for 12gb/90 day promo  was too expencive.  I bet they would all jump on it now.

If my rates went up $10-15 per month, I would be sprinting faster Usain Bolt on steroids.  That would be a greater than 30% increase.  The last time I checked, my salary increase was nowhere near that level.  I do pride myself on being a pretty good shopper.  I think I can get a plan that is south of $55 per month that comes without hardware.  I just got here and I am not asking to be challenged so soon.  However, I will accept the challenge if that is what it comes down to.  Wind grandfathered my $25 (with BTS)/5 gig unthrottled (well not intentionally anyway) 3G plan for more than 4 years while I was with them.  Let see if Public Mobile can beat that for grandfather duration. 

Need Help? Let's chat.