cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Messages

Newbie90
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am not receiving messages from paypal for the verification of account. What do I need to do 

8 REPLIES 8

dickwong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good to know.  Should give it a try.

@dickwongYes Paypal works with Time based one time password standard which Google Authenticator (and others) is based on.

dickwong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Does paypal work with google authentication?

Newbie90

Yes I ported my number from another provider.

Newbie90

Thank You

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Newbie90 wrote:

I am not receiving messages from paypal for the verification of account. What do I need to do 

@Newbie90  It's not a PM issue because I do receive them from PP without any issues.

Did you recently port your number over from another provider? If yes, maybe try resetting the 2FA again.

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Premium, or otherwise known as "short codes", messages does work.  I have no experience with PayPal's verification messages as I don't use PayPal, but I use short code services frequency, multiple times a day (I use it for checking bus times and for 2FA/verification services) and it works fine.

Check if you entered your mobile number correctly and call PayPal and ask why it's not working.  You can also contact the moderators, but with the exception of the $20 provincal talk only plan and the $30 data only plan, all plans will be able to receive text messages, regardless of the allowance remaining, so it shouldn't be a Public Mobile issue.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Newbie90Paypal and other verification get be iffy. I would suggest switching 2FA method to a software method like Google Authenticator.

Need Help? Let's chat.