cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Praise for the Community

Rascal
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I signed up to PB not quite a month ago. I liked the idea of rewards, but when I first read about the Community, I thought it was a bit much. I pictured people forcing themselves to participate, hanging around a social media site trying to find something to say in order to maybe save a dollar that month. I didn't think I would take part in that and I thought it was kind of silly and really over the top in terms of saving a few bucks.

However, three weeks later, I find myself appreciating this community much more than I anticipated. I have made several posts stating how appreciative I am of the service and features of the PM plan (and I did so because I meant it, but I admit that the rewards idea was playing into that and was what got me going), but in reading responses to my posts I have begun to recognize names and have found myself reading comments more than I would have thought.

How much can people say about a cell phone plan I wondered. Well, quite a bit it would seem. And as any community grows, we find ourselves wanting to help others. It's really kind of cool.

13 REPLIES 13

brent_liza

Once you understand how it works you will be hooked. It is much better to get help from one another than to contact a call centre. Most of the problems we have faced here and can help you without needing to contact a moderator. Welcome to the community and public mobile. 

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

While this is all good, the PM Community forum style is not for everyone. Everyone that I refer I outline all of the "potential" negatives. No stores, no call in, no phones etc. But I also say if you have issues, come to me first. ( I don't do random referrals) So in theory, I am their call in centre.  

There are people I know that are paying lots for their plan but I would not bother to point them here. This setup is not for them (travel, phone flipping) 

All of my referrals have been happy so far. I even point them to the Koodo offers or they ask me about the migration texts they recieve. So far no one has left as they are quite happy since PM ulitmately has a lower bill with enough data to suit their needs.

jp2

@Rascal wrote:

I'm a bit uninformed about the terms such as Mayor and Oracle, but I am sure that I will learn as I go.

Oracles are specifically selected members that are very knowledgeable and dedicated to the community. They also have special powers and other perks. 

Rascal

I'm a bit uninformed about the terms such as Mayor and Oracle, but I am sure that I will learn as I go.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for the nod, @ShawnC13!  FWIW, I learned most of what I knew from @Luddite too, along with our dearly departed @Martin.  Oh and 778--I was sad when he left for other pastures too.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Rascal wrote:

I signed up to PB not quite a month ago. I liked the idea of rewards, but when I first read about the Community, I thought it was a bit much. I pictured people forcing themselves to participate, hanging around a social media site trying to find something to say in order to maybe save a dollar that month. I didn't think I would take part in that and I thought it was kind of silly and really over the top in terms of saving a few bucks.

However, three weeks later, I find myself appreciating this community much more than I anticipated. I have made several posts stating how appreciative I am of the service and features of the PM plan (and I did so because I meant it, but I admit that the rewards idea was playing into that and was what got me going), but in reading responses to my posts I have begun to recognize names and have found myself reading comments more than I would have thought.

How much can people say about a cell phone plan I wondered. Well, quite a bit it would seem. And as any community grows, we find ourselves wanting to help others. It's really kind of cool.

For me I was active right from the start, mostly reading and learning about PM with the odd post for the first couple of days.  This was during the 2016 Fall Promo and it was pure chaos, the current response time is REALLY fast compared to back then and I was able to the information I had learned mostly from @srlawren and @Luddite and was actually helping people I hope.  That had me hooked I enjoyed it and still do.  I received the largest community reward possible without being an Oracle that month and did so for the next 13 months until I was offered a spot as an Oracle at the beginning of this year.

Welcome and keep up the participation in the  community.  The rewards are a bonus if you enjoy doing this sort of thing.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@JL9 wrote:

I'm in the same boat as @will13am but it took me over a year and a half lol ...oh well I'm here now 😏

Journey matters more than the destination?  Smiley Happy

dna2016

@Rascal Welcome to the Community and thanks for sharing such positive thoughts about the forum.  The community in my opinion is more than just about finding out PM deals, contacting MODS, and finding out how to fix errors/issues.  I think it's also about just communicating and sharing thoughts, ideas, and information on everything related to the cell phone and communications industry.  I was so surprised on the level of knowledge the people in the community had (i.e. oracles and the like), from industry knowledge, to tech knowledge, to legal and regulatory knowledge.  To be honest, I'd say this is the library source for information.  When the right people are involved it really makes the forum a positive and useful resource. 

Unfortunately you will get those who just fill up the forum with useless info (i.e. copy and paste responses that have nothing to do with the topic, they will remain nameless), but based on my 1 year with PM, I'd say overwhelmingly you'll get amazing responses, and very interesting discussions and debates on many topics related to the industry and PM specifically.  I'd prefer this over just having to call a call centre, you're not going to get much in-depth conversations with that platform.    

Acekiller

it is not for everyone, but for those that want, we are here.

I'm in the same boat as @will13am but it took me over a year and a half lol ...oh well I'm here now 😏

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Rascal, welcome to the community!  That's pretty much my story as well.  It took a couple of months to discover the community.  More than a year later, I am still here.

smp99

Yes - once you understand how the Community works, then it works for you. 

jp2

Great to have new members participating! Glad to hear you are enjoying it instead of just trying to make a buck. 

Need Help? Let's chat.