cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly reached my data limit

jwsdm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I received a text message saying I have used 95% of my data last Wednesday (04/27/2017). On Saturday, my data was cut off but I got no text or email saying I've reached my limit. When I logged onto my Self Serve account today, I could not see my usage anymore. Usually it is near the bottom as 'Total Data Used / Total Usage Limit'. Why has it disappeared? I want to confirm whether I've really used up all my data.

13 REPLIES 13

JasonT1983

Yes when your data gets cut off you reached your limit. As it is pay as you go you can't go over or get charge extra unless you buy additonal data.

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Fortunately I have not used up my data yet so haven't come across the 'disappearing' amount of data used querk yet.

This is good reminder to set up data alerts.  

Also as I have an Android phone (Nexus 6) i use the Data Witness app to track data over the 90 days & i've also set up the basic android cell data with a max of 4G so that I know when I've used up about a months worth (which I can turn off or override once I'm aware).  

After being on a Rogers 500Mb plan for many years & resisting loosing the grandfathered plan for the crazy prices of higher data - I notice that I am gradually using more data on PM (about 2G/mo now that i listen to streaming music sometimes etc).

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @savioceg,

You can verify when your plan has renewed by signing into selfserve again.  Do not be alarmed if you see "Account suspended" notice when you sign in.. this is a known glitch and as long as your call/sms are working, you are fine.  

If you are enrolled in autopay, your card will be charged at some point between midnight and 6am EST.  I don't think there is anything that needs to be done from you at this point.  

The data will start working again as soon as your plan renews.  

savioceg

Hi , i went through the same and found out i have reached my data limit, However the site also gave a notification that i would be next billed on May1st 2017 . I was hoping to get my data working today morning and it shows me a message when i turn on the data " Sign into Public Mobile " . Does this mean i have not been billed yet ? Or do i need to do anything from my end to get the data working again . I even tried to restart my device and still does not work . 

what usually happens when i am billed for the next cycle ? Does the data turn on automatically ?

cricketfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
It gives notification on 75% as well as 95%.

May be this is just a way how the data add-ons work. The main data is probably a trigger to activate data add-on if you have. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I see PM's logic on this one... its considered an add-on as @brobinson5662 said.  So once used up, its gone.. meaning you no longer have any data left.  

Although, it would be easy enough to make a change so the data usage would explicitly say something like  "you have used up all your data allowance, click here to buy more". 

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
Yes you did reach the limit. And we are hoping PM does something about this glitch

brobinson5662
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Might be because it is considered an add-on?

jwsdm

I see. I find that kind of odd but at least now I know. Much appreciated!

pretty weird that they do it like that, it hsould just show 12gb of 12gb used or seomthing like that.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@jwsdm, if your data is not showing up in your addons then you have used it all up.  It is a weird glitch that has it disappear from the self serve but we have found out if it is not listed then all data has been used.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle
Yes, when all your data is used up, it disappears from your self serve account. You only get one warning when you have used 95% of data.

Need Help? Let's chat.