cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting request

ihatethis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello i would like to request my porting number to change to another carrier.

Reason? . if i dont pay the on time, my line gets cut the very next day, i cannot receive calls or sms. Other companies dont to that.

5 REPLIES 5

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ihatethis  Since PM is prepaid, you will not get a refund for the number of days not used. It may be a good idea to port out closer to the end of your 30 days with PM

ihatethis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Appreciate all the answers!!

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Not mentioned in the replies above, but important:

- Your Public Mobile account needs to be active at the time of porting.

- Since the successful port-out closes your account immediately, get any information from self serve you might need in the future before you initiate the port.

- Delete your credit card info before porting out.

boundless
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can go to any other carrier and they will port your number onto their services.

You will need your PM username or account number so they can port the number, but you don’t have to get PM to do anything until you sign on with another carrier.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@ihatethis wrote:

Hello i would like to request my porting number to change to another carrier.

Reason? . if i dont pay the on time, my line gets cut the very next day, i cannot receive calls or sms. Other companies dont to that.

This is the nature of prepaid. Sorry to see you go.

As a safety net for renewal, have you registered your credit card to your PM account?

If you miss a manual payment, AutoPay should kick in and your credit card will be charged automatically for the renewal. Plus once you sign-up for AutoPay, you'll be saving $2 every renewal and you'll receive some extra data.

If you still wish to port out of PM, pick your carrier first and contact them to initiate the process. Once you have ported out, your PM account will close automatically.

Need Help? Let's chat.