cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting problem - Can't send or receive calls and texts, nor can I use data. HELP!

plaidgiraffe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I created a PM account with a new phone number before the promo ended.  A few days later, I tried to port my existing number with Virgin mobile to my PM account.  The porting was "successful", and my PM account even displays the number I ported over from Virgin in the "Tabs and "Add Ons" section.

However, when I inserted the SIM card into my unlocked phone, I could not send nor receive calls, send nor receive texts, and had no access to my data.  The SIM card also displayed my old PM number rather than my ported number.  To my surprise, I also received a couple of texts to this PM number (probably from a previous owner of the number?)

When I inserted my Virgin SIM card in, it said that I had no service, but it displayed my number that I wanted ported to PM.  So now, I can't use my PM service that I paid for, nor can I go back and use my service with Virgin.

I see that some people still have been able to retain some functionality with their PM SIM card (e.g. can dial out but not receive calls, etc.) , but I literally can't do anything.  It's been very frustrating.  Mods, please help!

7 REPLIES 7

@Peterchan3762 wrote:

I cannot make or receive phone calls; i also cannot use data. Please help.

Try to report phone as lost stolen and then tell it phone was found in self-serve.

Peterchan3762
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cannot make or receive phone calls; i also cannot use data. Please help.

plaidgiraffe

Thanks so much @Shazia_K for your help in fixing my issue!!

Titanmowgli

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Currently, there's a long backlog waiting for help because of the promotion.  From what I've seen, be prepared for a wait of several days.  Good luck, I hope it gets fixed soon for you.

plaidgiraffe

@SD08 Thanks for the info and suggestions!

I hope the mods see this soon!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You need to tag the moderators in your post if you are appealing for help here.  Like this:

@Shazia_K | @Mary_M | @Saray_O | @Caroline_D

If you need to contact them further later on, here's more info:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

Need Help? Let's chat.