cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting phone number

Halkese
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok, so heres the deal. I've had my number active on pm for about a year and so far has been great! Because of this, ive convinced my wife to switch to pm. So heres what we did: We changed the number on my account to her number. We did this because my plan and pricing suited her needs and it was super easy and fast while, in the mean time, i waited for a sim card and opened a new account. I then tried porting my number to that account, however, its no longer eligible! Im assuming this is because it was deactivated, its no longer available and needs to be active to port to a new account. Here's the porting paradox.. I can not activate it, unless its activated. All i need to do is speak to someone at public mobile who can activate my number as its currently dead in the water.. I desperatly need my number back! Any help would be appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Halkese  I'm not sure if it will work and the mods are your best bet, however, does anyone know if it is possible to simply reverse the porting in his wife's number? Or, is it too late since it has been a week? For future reference, if this occurred and it was within a day or a few days, is the reversing of port in possible by contacting either PM or the original provider?

@Halkese wrote:

I understand what i should of done in hindsight. Not looking for shoulda woulda, im looking for options. Speaking to moderators now, thanks for your help.

@Halkese  Hopefully you can get your number back with the help of a moderator. My post was directed more to other's reading the post in the hopes they avoid the same pitfall and maybe give them another option to try.

Hope everything works out for you.

@Halkese  Fingers crossed, touching wood, stars aligned.....if it's meant to be....itll be.

Halkese

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@Halkese 

If moderators can’t help, you could try calling Telus porting team. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Get-your-PORT-ISSUES-FIXED-BY-LIVE-AGENT-...

To do this the OP must activate the SIM and get a temp number as there will need to be an active account to move the number into if they have access to it.

Already done this, awaiting response from mods to reactivate my number on the new account.

Halkese

I understand what i should of done in hindsight. Not looking for shoulda woulda, im looking for options. Speaking to moderators now, thanks for your help.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Halkese  The only way to port a number between PM accounts is to port out and back in again. Note that your original account will close and you will lose all your rewards. Porting numbers between PM accounts is not permitted.

What you should have done is activated a new account for your wife and ported in her number. Then message the moderators and request if it would be possible to  move your rewards to her account and then port out your number if you wanted to go with another provider.

@Dunkman wrote:

@Halkese 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Get-your-PORT-ISSUES-FIXED-BY-LIVE-AGENT-...

To do this the OP must activate the SIM and get a temp number as there will need to be an active account to move the number into if they have access to it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Halkese 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Halkese wrote:

Ok, so heres the deal. I've had my number active on pm for about a year and so far has been great! Because of this, ive convinced my wife to switch to pm. So heres what we did: We changed the number on my account to her number. We did this because my plan and pricing suited her needs and it was super easy and fast while, in the mean time, i waited for a sim card and opened a new account. I then tried porting my number to that account, however, its no longer eligible! Im assuming this is because it was deactivated, its no longer available and needs to be active to port to a new account. Here's the porting paradox.. I can not activate it, unless its activated. All i need to do is speak to someone at public mobile who can activate my number as its currently dead in the water.. I desperatly need my number back! Any help would be appreciated.

The crux of your whole problem that you discovered is that you can't move a phone number from one account to another without stopping an account somewhere.

Hopefully the mods can find it for you

Messy.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I really hope this works out for you at the end.

Activate your new account with the temporary number, then stay hunting. If it was not assigned you may be lucky

If it's on Telus house, mods are really helpful and will try their best. If it's not from here, maybe you can go back to the old provider and activate there with the cheapest plan (without contract) and then port in. Again The time is the issue, if it's released back to the pool any moment someone can pick it as their new number and you won't be able to have it back

@Halkese wrote:

Hopefully this helps: My number is originally from telus (they wont help at all and basically hang up on me when i mention public mobile) I switched to pm last year and my number was active until about a week ago when i made the switch. I got a simcard today and am unable to reactivate my number.

You might be in luck. Contact Public Mobile Moderators to see if they can help.

Public Mobile, Koodo and Telus are all owned by the same company.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Halkese wrote:

YIKES!!!! Wish you would have come to the community to ask about this before proceeding.  As stated once you port in a number the previous number is gone and released back to the originating provider.  It could sit in an inactive pool for awhile before it is ready to be reassigned so they maybe able to track it down and get it back, but if it goes back to the originating provider and it isn't a Telus company they may not want to be nice and let you have it back.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Halkese

Hopefully this helps: My number is originally from telus (they wont help at all and basically hang up on me when i mention public mobile) I switched to pm last year and my number was active until about a week ago when i made the switch. I got a simcard today and am unable to reactivate my number.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

When you changed her number to your number, you may have lost your number.

Each account can have only one phone number.

If this change happened recently, there's a chance you can get your number back.

To contact Moderators, submit a ticket: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Where is your number from?

If it is public mobile/Telus/Koodo you could try talking to moderators they may help, but I'm not sure don't hold your breath.

If you ported in, it was released back to the original provider and moderators cannot help

Best luck

Need Help? Let's chat.