cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting phone number without IMEI

stevezhu07
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to port my number from Fido, it requires IMEI number from my previours phone, I dont use the phone for a long time, couldnt find IMEI number, what should I do? can I port number without typing the number?

10 REPLIES 10

Vimalkumar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

Sure,you can port your fido number without phone's imei numbers.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

As mentioned above: For most providers using the account number exactly as stated on your statement is the way to go.

However, here's a note for people who are porting from SpeakOut (since the thread title doesn't specify that the OP is porting from FIDO):

SpeakOut does not have/use account numbers. When I ported from them in April 2017 I needed to call their customer service to get the porting information and was told that I'd need the IMEI and the four-digit PIN. I had changed phones several times over the 8 or so years I was with them so confirmed with the CSR what number they had on file.

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stevezhu07

Firstly, remove all your personal information from your last post ASAP.  This is a PUBLIC forum and your information is open anyone who wants it.

If your port in, the fact your info isn't exact, there will likely be a problem with the port.  Wait up to an hour to see what happens with the port request.  If it's unsucessful, you will need to send a private message to @CS_Agent and provide the following info to them:

- account number

- phone number

- sim card number (if you have it)

- a brief description of what has happened

…and they will be able to look into it for you.

More info on moderators: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Just wait and see for now, but I'm thinking there will be issues.  These can be sorted out with time and proper communication with the MODS.

*** I’m glad to help but I’m not a MOD, so please don’t message me with any personal information. ***

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @stevezhu07,

Can you please send us a private message? We would be more than happy to look into it!

Also, please do not include private information on the forum as it becomes public.

Thank you 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

stevezhu07

stevezhu07

Taekgun

@stevezhu07

As everyone here has said, you don't need your IMEI number to port over.  I will add that during the activation, you only need ONE of the three fields completed (Account #, IMEI, PIN) and I can recommend to use just your account number with all the spaces and dashes it may have removed.

Also, remember to enter the name on the account EXACTLY as it is with your old provider.  Doing so will remove all the headaches of the activation process for most people.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat...

Follow the above link for a visual explanation of the entire activation process including porting of your number (afterwards Smiley Happy).

Hope this helps and welcome to PM!!

pakmode

Good question. 

Hopefully somewhere on here knows the answer. 
My gut instinct is that it should probably work without the IMEI as I switch around phones all the time now on PM with no issue. 

Ports usually care about the PTN/account number only.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Hi @stevezhu07,

You don't need the IMEI number to port in your number.

All you need is your account number, name on the account and the phone number to port in.

Please make sure that you enter all the information exactly how it shows on your Fido account.

You should have no issues if you enter all info correctly.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

you do not need the IMEI # of the phone to port your number over. Just your accout number, name, and be sure to click the "I am authroized to port this number" box

Need Help? Let's chat.