cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out / unable to change plan

farah16
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I am trying to port my number out of PM to Fongo.  I've been out of country and my phone is currently suspended.  Fongo transfer request failed because of it.

I have tried to change my plan to a cheaper option to activate the line so it can be transfered, but it would not let me change my plan either.

What are my options?

Thanks,

F

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@farah16 have you heard anything from a moderator today?  Has this been resolved?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@farah16 wrote:

@Luddite The transaction history shows I added $5 and balance is $17.  Available funds on main page shows $0.  Which is weird and I don't understand considering I just added $5 (so at a minimum, it should be $5).

Sadly, you're toasted for tonight. The system took your money as a "down payment" on your old plan and is waiting for you to pay the rest. Best wait for a moderator tomorrow to respond to your private message. For earliest notice of their reply, turn on email notification of private messages.

Of course, if not already done, start using Fongo with a temporary number until your port-in completes; expect it will take a few days anyway.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren

@farah16 actually it's not weird that it shows $0.  Remember I mentioned the system would only let you re-activate on your previous plan?  It's assuming that's what you are trying to do and immediately applies any added funds (up to the cost of the previous plan) in an attempt to do so.  Thus, you've basically got a partially renewed plan at the moment.  😞  One of the moderators will definitely be able to help.

Totally understood about the life circumstances!  Wishing you all the best.  Cheers!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

farah16

@Luddite The transaction history shows I added $5 and balance is $17.  Available funds on main page shows $0.  Which is weird and I don't understand considering I just added $5 (so at a minimum, it should be $5).

@srlawren I loved the service, but unfortunately, my living situation has changed and I moved to USA.  Would like to keep the number, have had it for 10+ years!  PM would be on my #1 when I do come back to Canada.

OK. Transaction history shows $17; what is showing for Available Funds on the first page? You must have Available Funds to use the procedure I suggested, not unclaimed rewards.

srlawren

@farah16 yes Mary (or one of the other moderator--they all have access to the private messages) should be able to help, and that timeframe is well within their typical turnaround.

EDIT: PS, sorry to see you go.  😞

farah16

@srlawren  Thanks.  Looks like that might the be only option right now.

I will send a note to Mary as you suggested and wait for a response.  Hopefully Mary can help resolve this in next day or two.

Appreciate all the help.

farah16

@Luddite  So that didn't work.

I logged in, clicked on change plan.  It took me to plan builder page.  I selected the $5 service (10 days) and $6 text, totalling $11.  At the bottom, it showed me 2 options Top up to reactivate plan (clickable) and Change on next cycle (not clickable).  When selecting top up option, it takes me to payment page where only two options are payment voucher and credit card.  It still continues to show I have $0 balance.

Under Payment > transaction history, however, it shows I have $17.

srlawren

@farah16 although you have sufficient funds, it's a quirk of the system.  Because you let your previous plan expire, the only way YOU can re-activate it is to top up enough funds to renew it on your previous plan.  It won't let you reactivate and change plans at the same time.  You could have pre-scheduled the plan change before your current plan was suspended but that's another story.  This is why I said you need a moderator's assistance, unfortunately, as they CAN do the plan change and reactivation for you at the same time.

farah16

Hi -

I will try the steps mentioned.  When i check my balance from call center number, it tells me I have $17, so that should be enough to change plan to the basic text one.  I did add $5 to see and the payment history also shows i have $17.  But the balance counter at top of page shows $0.  weird.

If that doesn't work, i'll post here and then send a note to a mod.

Thanks,

While waiting you could try the following:

1. login to your account, check that autopay is off and make a single payment equal to the plan that you want, logout.

2. login again, click Change Plan, pick your desired plan and select activate now, logout.

3. reboot your phone and check for service.

If that fails do not pay again but wait for moderator assistance.

If you are unable to login to your account, how long has it been since your plan expired?

srlawren

@farah16 you are going to need a  moderator's assitance to I am tagging @Mary_M to help.  It might be tomorrow before you hear back, as we are getting close to end of the day (9PM Eastern time) and I don't know what else may be in the queue ahead of you.  To speed things up, send Mary a private message with your PM phone number and what you need.

What you need is to activate on a 10-day, text-only plan (which is the cheapest plan currently available).  You only need the account to be active long enough for the port to Fongo to proceed.

Need Help? Let's chat.