cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting numbers PM to PM (switch num/acct, keeping both...)

Jolie99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all,

I have two Public Mobile accounts, and would like to switch them if possible. 

That is:

Old account / old 514 number (loyalty points, referrals etc)

Newer account 867 / Yukon number 

I would like to move my 867 number to my old account, and the 514 number to the new

account.  Is this possible?

The idea is to keep both numbers, but reverse/switch the accounts.  Is this possible - or is account closed when number ported out?  Or stays ok if I port both at the same time?  Is PM to PM porting possible?

Decided to try it out,  a little, and went on to the old 514 account and did a change number, and when I put in my 867 number the response is:

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
- Make sure you entered your number correctly.
- Select a new number.
- Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

So here I am!  Thanks in advance.

-j

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

I can also confirm that this process was ended previously, and has been stopped.  Why is it being allowed now?

Hi all,

Policy continues to be that we can't assist with transfering Public Mobile phone numbers between accounts - sorry for the confusion caused here.

Alan

@Alan_K thank you for the clarification.  Could you please follow up with the @CS_Agent to ensure they all know this?  They should not be offering to help customers with this process if they are not able/allowed to do so.  We should not be getting inconsistent messaging from the team, they need to be on the same page.  Please and thank you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

I can also confirm that this process was ended previously, and has been stopped.  Why is it being allowed now?

Hi all,

Policy continues to be that we can't assist with transfering Public Mobile phone numbers between accounts - sorry for the confusion caused here.

Alan

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@CS_Agent, since when has this been possible.   We have been told that this is no longer possible for the last 1.5- 2 years when was the change in policy?

@CS_Agent @Alan_K yes we have been told this repeatedly.  Why are you now offering to help a customer with this request?  Has policy changed?  If not, please stop offering help in this situation as it will only cause further confusion in the future if people think it's possible again when really it isn't.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi there borromeo

I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, but we can surely help you find a solution

In order to do so, can you send us a private message via the Community? Please click on this link: https://goo.gl/JnHqMR

Sincerely,
Public Mobile Team.

@CS_Agent, since when has this been possible.   We have been told that this is no longer possible for the last 1.5- 2 years when was the change in policy?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there borromeo

I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, but we can surely help you find a solution

In order to do so, can you send us a private message via the Community? Please click on this link: https://goo.gl/JnHqMR

Sincerely,
Public Mobile Team.

borromeo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is the same problem I am having now. I want to keep my rewards status on Account 1, but move the phone number from Account 2 to 1. In my case, I don't care if I lose the second account. So it seems I have to waste $10 to port the number out to my VoIP carrier, and then port from my VoIP carrier back to Public. Oh well, it's not the end of the world. Just some extra work.

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Luddite wrote:

@liuxinbing The purpose is to switch the phone numbers between the accounts while retaining all the rewards in each account. PM does not allow this.

Yeah rewards. Forgot it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@liuxinbing wrote:

Don't understand why you need to "port". The SIM has all the subscribers information as well as "plan", so just take the SIM out and put in another phone.

If changing phone isn't the purpose, then change the plan and let it happen in the future date.

Really don't see any benefit to port from one SIM to another. 

Could be a grandfathered plan that they don't want to give up and would rather use the "traffic" on that account.

@liuxinbing The purpose is to switch the phone numbers between the accounts while retaining all the rewards in each account. PM does not allow this.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Don't understand why you need to "port". The SIM has all the subscribers information as well as "plan", so just take the SIM out and put in another phone.

If changing phone isn't the purpose, then change the plan and let it happen in the future date.

Really don't see any benefit to port from one SIM to another. 

Jolie99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks.  Had just managed to search on number swap and realized it won't happen...

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@Jolie99It's not possible to switch numbers between accounts. And when you port a number it automatically closes the original account it's attached to.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jolie99 

No can do.

You could kinda move a number but it would mean losing one of them.

Need Help? Let's chat.