cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from virgin mobile

caps105
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys,

So i recently ported my number from virgin mobile to public mobile. I was in a call with the virgin rep and getting my account number from them. And i got the account number and punched in the info and then pressed submit. The call i was in ended as soon as i did that and i went to sim card settings and it showed that i had successfuly changed my number. But now when people try to call my number, it says its not in service. So i dont understand the issue. Please help thanks! I've already tried restarting my phone.

5 REPLIES 5

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@caps105 wrote:

Hey guys,

So i recently ported my number from virgin mobile to public mobile. I was in a call with the virgin rep and getting my account number from them. And i got the account number and punched in the info and then pressed submit. The call i was in ended as soon as i did that and i went to sim card settings and it showed that i had successfuly changed my number. But now when people try to call my number, it says its not in service. So i dont understand the issue. Please help thanks! I've already tried restarting my phone.

Usually ports take a few hours even if you see that your number has been "ported".

I ported in from Fido and although my number came through in under a few hours, it took around 48 hours before I could receive calls and not just make calls.

ddufour
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you get Virgin to release your sim also?  Bell had to send me a code I had to enter before I could even get on my phone after setting up with Public Sim

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The port is likely not complete. Continue to use Virgin sim until it stops working, at which point the port is complete. Then insert PM sim to continue service.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@caps105 your port is probably stuck . Contact a moderator and explain your situation.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon . Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket).  Welcome to PM .

@caps105 wrote:

Hey guys,

Need Help? Let's chat.