cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from Telus business account with multiple users

ghotte
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi: I've recently bought and installed a SIM for my phone and activated it using a (hopefully) temporary number. The voice and data services work well. 

When I tried to port a single number from my former Telus business account - which had multiple numbers associated with it - the eligibility check failed (ie. the number was unavailable for porting.) 

I've read a few forum posts and I'm not even getting to "I am authorized to transfer this phone number," which I am.

Please advise. Thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6

@Janterry wrote:

Were you successful with the porting?  I'm considering porting our business number to PM as well, it's currently a landline business phone with Cogeco.

I don’t know if it’s a good move for you to have a business phone with public mobile . You need to ask yourself if it’s ok if you don’t have a phone for about 2 days. The public mobile service with the moderator are pretty quick those days but it can take upto 2 days with some cases. I am very happy with my phone and didn’t have any problem with it but in my family some others phones had some trouble and they need few hours to be fixed and help from the moderators. Think about it carefully Smiley Happy

jeremiah10

Hey Ghotte,
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

First off, is your line active? Can it make out going calls? (guessing it is)

Second, since this is a Business account, you will need to contact the business the lines are under and let them know to calls Telus and authorize the phone number to release from Telus in order to port to Public Mobile. A lot of the times the number is not authorized to be released and that is why the porting fails. Try to give your company a call ( from whom you got the telus line from ) and get it sorted out/confirmed with them before contacting public mobile.
Hope i was able to help in any way, Enjoy your day!

Janterry
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Were you successful with the porting?  I'm considering porting our business number to PM as well, it's currently a landline business phone with Cogeco.

ghotte

As ominous clouds roll in, things are looking challenging. Should have read that CRTC post (at the least) about porting constraints or eligibility.  

Have you heard of an instance where a community member had their previous business account cancelled prior to trying to port over to PM? 

Thanks

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ghotte,

Hopefully everything works out for you. Please keep us posted.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If you are having issues with porting, you could ask the moderator team for help.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.