cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number away from Public Mobile

korp4530
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I recently got a new job and the company provides/pays for my phone. I would like to keep my current number. The company's plan is with Telus, however telus is having trouble porting over my current number. They are stating that there is trouble on PM's side of things. Any help on how to do this? 

5 REPLIES 5

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Since PM is a subsidiary of Telus, make sure you have a different e-mail address for Telus than the one you have for PM.  Using the same e-mail address can cause snags in porting.

korp4530
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes the account is still active. I have only been with Public Mobile for about 3 weeks and signed & paid for the 90 day plan. I am going to be sad to leave as i have liked the service and company so far, but happy that someone else is paying my phone bill. 

@korp4530 Is your Public Mobile account still active? If not, you cannot port-out.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hslmdjim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If the info you have doesn't work, best bet is to contact a mod and get the information that the poster above listed. Mod response times have gotten much better since the influx of the $120 promo, you should get a response within a day or 2.

cricketfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Usually porting requires
Account number
Phone number
Any pin associated to the account
Account holder full name.

I think try giving them all this and you'll be fine.
Need Help? Let's chat.