cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my number

girl_toronto
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I'm going to be porting my number to Rogers. I am on a 90 day plan and my next payment is January 20, 2018. I was wondering if I would be able to get a refund for my january prepayment after I port my number out?

Thanks,

Lili

4 REPLIES 4

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@girl_toronto wrote:

Hello,

I'm going to be porting my number to Rogers. I am on a 90 day plan and my next payment is January 20, 2018. I was wondering if I would be able to get a refund for my january prepayment after I port my number out?

Thanks,

Lili

Sad to see you go, PM is hurting now 

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

As mentioned by the posters above, you cannot get a refund for prepaid plans. Since your Public Mobile plan ends on January 20, 2018, you could maybe port out to Rogers a few days before your plan expires to make good use of it as you have already paid for it unless Rogers is currently offering you a really good deal right now in which you need to switch right away. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@girl_toronto, as stated unfortunately no you can't.  Everyone must remember that Public Mobile has agreed to provide service to your number for those 90 days that you paid for.  If you leave before then you are leaving the prepaid portion unused but won't get a refund.  Look at it another way you are renting a house and you pay for the full months rent on the 1st of each month if you move out on the 17th you won't get your unused days of rent back from the landlord. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

JDT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unfortunately, as Public Mobile is prepaid, you cannot receive a refund for any unused time after you port.  This is the case with all prepaid phone providers, not just Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.