cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Telus and phone not Recognizing SIM

jakesiemens
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I followed all the steps to a tee and and my phone is not Recognizing the SIM after 4 hours. 

How long does it usually take when porting a number from Telus.

I have made sure the Network settings are exactly as is prescribed by PM

Do so just wait longer?

10 REPLIES 10

jakesiemens

Thanks, will do

@jakesiemens wrote:

The phone is saying Emergency Calls only. 

The network bars are there but no calling, text or data

Porting in a number or not, your service should work, at least for outgoing calls, messages, and data.  Sicne you are coming from Telus, we know that phone compatibility isn't an issue.

Since you self-serve account says that your plan is active, i am suspecting that the backend system never assigned any service to your sim card.

First, try simply restarting your phone and if that doesn't work, you're going to need to get moderators to fix up your account for.  That can be done by clicking on the following link:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jakesiemens

Logging in says active. 

It is a Galaxy S9.

Haven't tried the Sim anywhere else yet.

LaundryBasket

BC. Thanks though!

@LaundryBasket wrote:

I've ported 3 phones from Koodo in the past and it was instantaneous. My friend ported hers last night, and it still isn't on PM yet. I think there must have been some issue after the service update yesterday morning. Seems like a bunch of people are having this issue.

IF you are in quebec and you can't call or text....yes it's the bug for today!!

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jakesiemens wrote:

When I search the forum for that error message, it brings up posts about the phone.  

What phone do you have?

Is it a dual SIM phone?

Have you tried the SIM in another phone?

When you log into your account, it says Status: Active?

LaundryBasket

I've ported 3 phones from Koodo in the past and it was instantaneous. My friend ported hers last night, and it still isn't on PM yet. I think there must have been some issue after the service update yesterday morning. Seems like a bunch of people are having this issue.

jakesiemens

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jakesiemens wrote:

I followed all the steps to a tee and and my phone is not Recognizing the SIM after 4 hours. 

How long does it usually take when porting a number from Telus.

I have made sure the Network settings are exactly as is prescribed by PM

Do so just wait longer?

Try this; log into My Account, click on Plans & Add-ons; you'll find Lost-Stolen tab. Click on that and report phone lost, then log out. Five minutes later, log in again and report phone found. This has been found to cure some issues as you've experienced..

Alternative is to click this: message to moderators with a description of your issue. They may take up to 24 hours to get back to you so please be patient.

Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

If your Telus SIM is still working, you can just keep it in your phone until it stops working, then try the PM SIM.

How long it takes varies... can be anytime between a couple of minutes to some hours.

When you say "not recognized", what do you mean? 

When you put your PM SIM in the phone, what happens? Does your phone show the network bars at the top, and it's only the phone/text function that doesn't work, or is it that your phone returns a message saying "SIM not recognized" or something similar?

Need Help? Let's chat.