cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Chatr to PM

sohailsayani
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Not sure if I should post here, but asking for experiences from others regarding porting from CHatr to PM.

We have 2 SIMS - chats & PM. I would like to port the Chatr number to the active PM SIM. I would then like to use the same Chatr SIM and account, but get another number assigned to it.

My question is if the porting is successful, what would happen to the balance in my Chatr account?

3 REPLIES 3

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@sohailsayani wrote:

Hi,

Not sure if I should post here, but asking for experiences from others regarding porting from CHatr to PM.

We have 2 SIMS - chats & PM. I would like to port the Chatr number to the active PM SIM. I would then like to use the same Chatr SIM and account, but get another number assigned to it.

My question is if the porting is successful, what would happen to the balance in my Chatr account?

You already know from before that you will lose balace but also disable autopay to make sure there is no chance they keep charging.  It should not happen but some billing systems have glitches.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@sohailsayani 

@sohailsayani wrote:

Hi,

Sorry, can't be done. When you port-out the Chatr number they will close your account. If your Chatr account is post-paid (not prepaid) they should issue a refund of the unused balance.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@sohailsayani 

Once you port out from any mobile company, the account closes.  If the account is prepaid, you lose whatever balance is left.  If it is postpaid, the mobile company usually will somehow credit you the pro-rated balance.  

From my understanding, if you port out of your Chatr account, you can't reuse the old Chatr sim card and the old Chatr account closes.  You will need to purchase a New Chatr sim and open new account.  

Need Help? Let's chat.