cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Bell - no progress since yesterday

johnrosen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

activated my SIM with Public Mobile yesterday, porting over my number from Bell. This was done around noon yesterday. Since then, I've yet to be able to send/receive texts and can only perform outgoing calls, no incoming. 

Any idea on what's going on?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @johnrosen

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your port!

If you still need help with your port, could you send me this info through a private message?

- Public Mobile SIM card number

- the Bell number you want to port

Also, is the number a home phone or a cellphone? 

Thank you 🙂 

**Due to a high volume of emails, it might take me a while to get back to you. I apologize for this delay. 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

When you say Bell, are you speaking of Bell Mobility or Bell Canada?

I am only asking because if it's from Bell Canada, landline to wireless phone number porting usually takes much longer.

jamestneutron
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@johnrosenWelcome to PM, so long Bell! I switched myself and my wifes services...she was oblivious that anything had changed...data speeds and service quality is top notch!

johnrosen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I contacted Bell, and yes it still shows my old number is active with them. I used their chat and they told me to contact Public Mobile to finish the port. Messaged one of the PM Staff. Thank you for your help!

jamestneutron
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When you go to your Bell account online does it say deactivated? Also, try fully restarting your phone. The sim may be active, but needs that restart to fully switch over. If you need assistance you can PM on of the PM staff to follow up on the number port.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

I'd say the port hasn't yet completed. It may be stuck and needs one of the moderators to help it along.

Need Help? Let's chat.