cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a number from Koodo

Legolas_NB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How can I port a number from my Koodo account to my public mobile account?

11 REPLIES 11

Bakergirl-chef
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yeah, that doesn't work.

Dougmania

I just did this myself for 2 different numbers. It works without issues.

Get your sim and create your account using an email that is different from your Koodo account.

Koodoporta.png

Click on Plans and Add-Ons

Click Change Phone Number

Click Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider

Put in your Koodo Account Number and another working phone number, and the name on the old account.

Check “I am authorized to transfer this phone number.

Click Submit.

koodoportb.png

And wait. The little swirling icon will spin for a minute and then disappear.  Sometimes it directs you to the successful page and sometimes not if it is too busy. It was successful either way for me.

koodoportc.png

Logging into your Koodo Account you will see that your number and profile is now gone.

Plug in your Public Mobile Sim into your phone and boot it up. If you don’t have your number yet, just wait a few minutes and then reboot your phone and try calling your number again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Legolas_NB, You can do the port yourself, UNLESS your Koodo account was a prepaid account.  For a Koodo prepaid to Public mobile you must get the assistance of a moderator.  If it was a post-paid Koodo account, you can initiate the number transfer via your self service portal.  After you log in, go to Plan and Add ons, then Change Phone number.  Then select 'Transfer a wireless or wireline...", and follow the instructions.  If you are lucky, it could be done in less than an hour.  Note that since you are transfering from Koodo, you must use a different email address than the one associated with your Koodo account.  So, if your PM account currently has the same email, change it first.

Legolas_NB

Oh ok.  Thanks

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Legolas_NBwrote:

Thanks

Sorry brainfart those are Oracles...moderators have MOD in their name.

Try send a private message to @CS_Agent

Legolas_NB

Thanks

canucks4life

@Legolas_NBwrote:

So I have a PM phone number now.  Sales guy did it at WM.  Are you a moderator @canucks4life?

Nope only folks with a shiney yellow star beside their name Cat Very Happy

Legolas_NB

So I have a PM phone number now.  Sales guy did it at WM.  Are you a moderator @canucks4life?

canucks4life

@Legolas_NBwrote:

I have a Koodo phone number that I wish to keep using with Public Mobile.  When I bought my SIM card, the guy told me that porting a number from Koodo needed to be done by a moderator...  

I don't think it needs to be done by a moderator but you should activate a new random PM number first then login self serve to transfer your Koodo #.

Legolas_NB

I have a Koodo phone number that I wish to keep using with Public Mobile.  When I bought my SIM card, the guy told me that porting a number from Koodo needed to be done by a moderator...  

canucks4life

You mean the other way around right Man LOL

Need Help? Let's chat.