cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a month-to-month and in-contract line to Public Mobile

misfiringsystem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am interested in porting over to Public Mobile.

I have one account with Fido, and 2 lines in that account.

1 line is on a month-to-month plan

1 line is on a contract with couple months left.

I would like to keep both numbers and port both to Public Mobile at the same time.

Are instructions for porting both line the same, and can I port at the same time, or I have to port my primary line, then secondary line?

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@misfiringsystem they will bill you for any outsanding amount once the port completes.  You should not need to pre-pay your outstanding device balance before porting.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

misfiringsystem

Sorry for bumping this, I have one more question (last one I promise). 

Should I pay off my contract with Fido before porting?

Thanks

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @misfiringsystem, yes many of us on the community recommend doing exactly that--activate with a temporary number and confirm all services working on your phone, and only then do the port from the previous provider.

In your case with the two lines, I would probably personally port the secondary number first, and then the primary.  They do have to be done indvidually, as every line at PM is in its own account.  I think I would port the secondary first to minimize any confusion at the Fido end.  That's just my recommendation, but do what you think is best.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

misfiringsystem

Hi @JaK

Thanks for your response. I have one more question. When my SIM cards arrive, could I activate the 

SIM card on a random number first, so I could quickly test out the service and reception, and if I'm please with it, port my number over?

Thanks

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @misfiringsystem;

Yes you can port both numbers and yes the procedure is the same for both. Technically you should be able to port both at the same time but you might be better off seperately. However if I was to do seperately then I would start with secondary first. Good luck! 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.