cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Public to Koodo, quest about positive balance

Crenz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently moved my and my wife's phone plans from Public to Koodo due to their most recent offer, and I wanted to know how I can get the extra credits on my Public account refunded? I used vouchers to add balance to it, and I currently have $70 on one account and $60 on the other. The payment date is midnight tonight I believe, so that is NOT for the current plan term (my current plan is paid). So its not a refund of time of a month, but a refund of extra balance.

What is the process to accomplish this? If it is not possible, is it possible to move the balance to a seperate account with Public?

10 REPLIES 10

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You can try email ( webstore@koodomobile.com ) with PM account information and Koodo account or your order # from Koodo

Crenz

@kelly0032003 wrote:

@Crenz wrote:

It didn't say that in any shape or form on the offer, I actually think the credit is more so to offset a tab (its -$15/m for 12 months, which is the price of a medium tab). They didn't even mention it on the phone, just said that Public Mobile is technically a seperate company, so I need to go through them.

Either way, no harm in asking. As I said, I get it if it was half way through the month, or something like that. But it's not a refund of used time I am asking for, its the time that has not even been charged yet.

Worst case, the answer is no. Best case, yes 🙂

I asked a moderator this and was told that they can't refund my credit or transfer it to Koodo but they could transfer it to my husband who is about to join public mobile.  So if you know someone who is a part of public mobile you can give them your unused credits.

Thanks, I messaged the moderators earlier and asked if that is an option as well, glad someone has had success. My MIL uses Public, so I'd love to transfer the unused credits to her. Just waiting to hear back.

@Crenz wrote:

It didn't say that in any shape or form on the offer, I actually think the credit is more so to offset a tab (its -$15/m for 12 months, which is the price of a medium tab). They didn't even mention it on the phone, just said that Public Mobile is technically a seperate company, so I need to go through them.

Either way, no harm in asking. As I said, I get it if it was half way through the month, or something like that. But it's not a refund of used time I am asking for, its the time that has not even been charged yet.

This service is prepaid, there are no refunds.  When you choose to migrate, you need to understand that any stranded funds are lost and gone forever. 

kelly0032003

@Crenz wrote:

I asked a moderator this and was told that they can't refund my credit or transfer it to Koodo but they could transfer it to my husband who is about to join public mobile.  So if you know someone who is a part of public mobile you can give them your unused credits.

Crenz

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Crenz

Koodo is giving you the $180 to cover your lost at PM as part of your migration offer.  That may be the reason why you were turned down when you ask for more compensation from Koodo.

Crenz

You do, but everyone does, thats not a refund of previously paid fees. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Crenz wrote:

Thanks, I will follow up with them. I tried with Koodo but they said its only possible on Public Mobile's side not theirs.

I know usually prepaid would not be refunded if it was current month, but it seems a bit silly if its not refunded when its just extra balanace for the next month(s). 

You get $180 Koodo bill credit as part of the migration offer.  Is it not?

Crenz

Thanks, I will follow up with them. I tried with Koodo but they said its only possible on Public Mobile's side not theirs.

I know usually prepaid would not be refunded if it was current month, but it seems a bit silly if its not refunded when its just extra balanace for the next month(s). 

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Unfortunately, as a prepaid provider, your PM account balance is not refundable.  This is the case with all prepaid carriers, not just PM.

You could try messaging the Moderator Team to ask.  I think some people have been successful in getting their balance transferred to Koodo balance, but I can't confirm this.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.