cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting PM number to Telus

ashughes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I need to port my phone number (currently on Public Mobile) over to Telus. Their support person has instructed me to give Public Mobile my Telus account number and PIN as there is something that needs to be done on Public Mobile's end. Who can I talk to about getting this done?

6 REPLIES 6

akrit
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No if you want to change and get your previous number of public mobile to telus then while filling the application, all you have to do is get the right account number and fill the part with your previous number or number renewal by keeping your previous number.

Let me know it it helped.

ashughes

Nevermind. I just went in to the Telus store and after more than an hour they were able to sort out a work around.

lukealex121
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Since PM is owned by Telus, you should just be able to provide Telus with your PM account number and it should be ported over nearly instantly. When I ported from Telus to PM, all I needed was my Telus Account number (Telus didn’t do anything from their end) and it ported right away, so I don’t see why it would be different going the other way. 

You can confirm this by messaging the moderator team, but as far as I know, PM shouldn’t have to do anything on their end. 

ashughes

No, I am porting from Public Mobile to Telus. The person at Telus told me that PM needs to do something on their end and that they will need my Telus account/pin to do so.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ashughes wrote:

Hello,

I need to port my phone number (currently on Public Mobile) over to Telus. Their support person has instructed me to give Public Mobile my Telus account number and PIN as there is something that needs to be done on Public Mobile's end. Who can I talk to about getting this done?

You should not talk to PM because your account should be active before you can port your number to Telus.  

Are you porting your Telus number to PM?

That may be the reason why Telus support told your to give your Telus account number and PIN to PM.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ashughes you can find your account number by signing into your self-serve account.  Your PIN, if you don't remember it, will require you to reach out to the moderator team for assistance.  Please see how to do that here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.