cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number from Parent's Account

epifight
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently part of my dad's Telus account but I want to port my number to PM where I am the account holder. I've already been setup with a PM assigned number prior but ready to make the switch. Can I do this even though I'm not the account holder for my current Telus phone number or do I need to ask Telus to make me my own account first (with the same phone number) and then port it over to PM?

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

If you are transferring from Telus prepaid service to PM, use a different e-mail address for PM than the one you use with Telus.

@Jackhyf63 to the best of my knowledge, this only applies when porting from Koodo pre-paid accounts, not from Telus; I don't believe Telus pre-paid shares the backend system which Koodo and PM share.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If you are transferring from Telus prepaid service to PM, use a different e-mail address for PM than the one you use with Telus.It is highly recommended to separate the activation from the port to minimize the risk of an activation/porting error.  First activate the SIM by taking a new number from PM, verify the service works (incoming & outgoing calls/text/data), then port the number from Telus through your self-serve account.  

DO NOT cancel your Telus account before the porting is complete, or your port will fail and you'll lose the phone number.  When the port is complete, your Telus account will automatically be cancelled.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@epifight wrote:

I am currently part of my dad's Telus account but I want to port my number to PM where I am the account holder. I've already been setup with a PM assigned number prior but ready to make the switch. Can I do this even though I'm not the account holder for my current Telus phone number or do I need to ask Telus to make me my own account first (with the same phone number) and then port it over to PM?

Porting our Phone Number

To change your phone number: sign in to Self-Serve, select ‘Change Number' under 'My Profile' on the Overview page. Select to transfer a wireless number from another provider.  Enter the phone number, account number and name on the Account and complete the request. If additional info is needed you will get a text from PM on your phone.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@epifight wrote:

@epifight yes you definitely can.  On the porting request form, fill in your dad's name s the authorizing individual, and make sure it matches whatever is on record in his Telus account.  Done.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.